This course introduces you to Allegro® Design Entry HDL. In this course, you learn how to build basic schematic library parts using the Part Developer. You also create a flat, multi-sheet schematic design.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Set up a Library Project
- Create basic schematic parts using the Part Developer
- Set up a Design Project
- Create a flat, multi-sheet schematic
- Copy pages from other designs
- Assign reference designators and generate a netlist for the Allegro PCB Editor
- Check the schematic for errors
- Cross-reference multi-sheet nets
- Generate a bill of materials
- Copy an existing project and perform engineering changes
Software Used in This Course
Allegro Design Entry HDL – XL
Allegro PCB Librarian – XL
- SPB 16.6
- Examining a Design Project
- Exploring a Library Project
- Creating a New Library Project
- Setting Up the Part Developer
- Creating and Testing a New Part
- Copying and Modifying a Part
- Creating Parts from Text Files
- Creating a New Design Project
- Adding Parts and Wires
- Using Part Tables
- Copying from Other Designs
- Assigning Reference Designators
- Generating a PCB Editor Netlist
- Running the Rules Checker
- Cross-referencing Multi-sheet Nets
- Archiving a Project
- Copying a Project
- Performing Engineering Changes
To learn more about building schematic library parts using the Part Developer, follow the links in the Related Courses section.
This course is for anyone who needs to draw schematics using Allegro Design Entry HDL. If you are using the Allegro Design Entry CIS or the OrCAD® Capture tool, then see the Allegro Design Entry Capture (OrCAD Capture) course instead.
This course has no prerequisites.
To learn about hierarchical design or how to use the Constraint Manager with Design Entry HDL, please see the Related Courses links.