In this course, you learn to use the interactive and automatic routing features in the Virtuoso® Space-Based Router, beginning with the wire editor for interactive and DRC correct routing, completely within the Virtuoso environment. You will:
- Use the router for point-to-point (P2P) routing where you predetermine the routing paths of your interactive route segments.
- Apply guided routing interactively to assign the number of routing tracks for a wire or bus.
- Learn about the Wire Assistant, which is a powerful tool that can control Constraint Groups on the fly and provide other essential routing controls for interactive and automatic routing.
- Use the new Pin to Trunk interactive routing techniques which provide excellent quality interactive routing.
- Learn how to execute Tcl scripts which further automate the design process.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Interactively create and edit regular wiring of nets and buses, as well as specialty routing such as diff pairs, symmetry, shielding
- Create point-to-point routing
- Create guided routing
- Use pin-to-trunk routing
- Route buses and bundles automatically
- Use the new Routability Check feature in the Wire Assistant
- Call up and execute Tcl scripts which further automate the design process
Software Used in This Course
- Virtuoso Layout Suite – GXL
- IC 6.1.7
Modules in this Course
- About This Course
- Interactive Wire Editing
- The Wire Assistant
- Pin to Trunk Routing
- Power Routing
- Appendix A – Using Tcl Scripts
- Appendix B – Improving the Quality of Routing (QOR)
- Analog Layout Designers
- Analog IC Engineers
- Analog/Mixed Signal IC Designers
- CAD Developers
- Digital Designers
You must have experience with or knowledge of the following:
- CMOS devices
- Layout design
- Text editor
- UNIX or Linux OS
- Some programming experience
Or you must have completed the following courses:
System Requirements for Online Courses
- For system requirements click here
- Cadence software as listed above installed and licensed