Length : 2 days
This course is the next step if you have already completed Virtuoso® Layout Design Basics. In this XL and GXL tier layout course, you implement the automation that connectivity-driven layout offers so you can attain first time silicon success. The course materials provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the power in the XL and GXL Virtuoso Layout Suites and include a robust appendix on the enhancements in the 6.1.5 release and other important reference material.
You examine the Cadence® Help documents, the workspace design environment, and the new binder/extractor functionality while confirming connectivity between schematic and layout, implementing synchronous clones, and applying the Process Rules Editor to override existing design rules.
You also place devices and pins and create interconnect by using the wire editor, point-to-point editor, and the guided routing editor. Using the space-based router, you autoroute a device-level design completely within the Virtuoso environment.
You analyze and update data with an Engineering Change Order (ECO). By applying the Configure Physical Hierarchy tool, you examine and effect design changes. You also use the Module Generator to examine and create a module.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Implement the new workspace environments
- Apply improved constraints and connectivity
- Implement the Process Rules Editor
- Use pin swapping and abutment
- Implement new interactive and automatic routing, including specialty routing (symmetry, diff pairs, shielded nets)
- Implement and use Dynamic Abstracts for improved routing results
- Analyze and update a design with improved ECO techniques
- Implement the Configure Physical Hierarchy tool
- Apply the new Module Generator software
- Apply VSR autorouter techniques
Software Used in This Course
Virtuoso Layout Suite XL vIC615.500 ISR1, Virtuoso Layout Suite GXL vIC615.500 ISR1
Modules in this Online Course
- About This Course
- The Design Environment
- Design Creation and Placement
- Connectivity Enhancements, Dynamic Abstracts, and Synchronous Copy
- Interactive Routing
- Introduction to Automatic Routing
- Module Generators
Analog/Mixed-Signal IC Designers, ASIC Designers, Designers, Custom Circuit Designers, Design Engineers, Digital IC Designers, IC Designers, Layout Designers
You must have experience with or knowledge of the following: UNIX or Linux OS, CMOS devices, Text editor, Layout design
You must have completed the following course: Virtuoso Layout Design Basics
Or you must have experience with the following software: Virtuoso Layout Suite L
SKILL Language Programming Introduction, SKILL Language Programming, Virtuoso Schematic Editor, Layout Design Basics, Virtuoso Space-based Router, Virtuoso Floorplanner, Virtuoso Layout Suites Update Training