Cadence is committed to keeping design teams highly productive. A range of support offerings and processes helps Cadence users focus on reducing time-to-market and achieving silicon success. Overview
- Accelerates data collection, management, and analysis of functional verification, with 15X greater scalability than file-based tools
- Automates verification signoff utilizing executable verification plans, while reducing farm utilization by 25%
- Improves design quality using forward-looking metrics and the Metric-Driven Verification methodology for up to 60% reduction in total verification time
The heart of the functional verification process is the verification plan (vPlan), which back-annotates results to a live plan (executable), and defines verification complete. With the vManager platform, you can improve your design quality while benefiting from improved productivity, predictability, controllability, and coordination of your functional verification process. The vManager platform can execute pre-silicon verification testing with Cadence’s Xcelium® Parallel Simulator, JasperGold® Formal Verification Platform, or Palladium Z1® Enterprise Emulation Platform.
The vManager platform can be used to manage the following verification initiatives:
- Formal designer handoff – Utilize assertions, directed scenarios, and formal verification “apps” to get to designer verification faster and easier than simulation, with clear handoff guidelines to the verification team
- RTL digital simulation or acceleration – Verify digital designs from IP to SoC at RTL or gate level, with a comprehensive set of coverage metrics compatible across the Cadence Verification Suite, optimized by the JasperGold platform, and accelerated by the Palladium Z1 platform
- Mixed-signal verification – Real number modeling verification and integration with the Cadence Virtuoso® ADE Verifier accelerates closure of analog or mixed signal designs and provides optimal R&D efficiency
- Low-power verification– Verify all power domains, power-up sequences, and user-driven scenarios starting with CPF or IEEE 1801 definition files, which are visible as verification plans with back-annotated results driven by the vManager platform
- Functional safety verification – Leveraging the same functional verification environment, define failure modes, formally reduce fault space, and automatically execute fault campaigns with traceability to verification and safety
- Software-driven verification – Combine IP from many sources, assemble, and execute integration test scenarios using the Cadence Perspec™ System Verifier’s pre-defined libraries or user-written libraries, changing the focus from RTL metrics to exhaustive use-case coverage and integration verification
- HLS verification – Starting with a high-level design in C/C++ and Stratus™ High-Level Synthesis (HLS), shift left your functional verification efforts to spend less time verifying the model and less time verifying the synthesized RT
- Application software verification – Define application software test scenarios, execute jobs to the Cadence Protium™ S1 Rapid-Prototyping Platform, and measure test results and software code coverage metrics
For RTL designers
The vManager platform lets you easily define and execute your own tests or tests written for you from the verification engineer, and collaborate with your verification team in real time, sharing test cases and doing route cause analysis. Tests can be based on the Xcelium simulator or the JasperGold platform, using the vManager platform to share results.
For functional verification engineers
The vManager platform is the ultimate experience to directly measure functional progress and drill down to bin-level details of the unified coverage database (UNICOV) with the embedded Integrated Metrics Center (IMC). The vManager platform can optimize the farm with ranked tests and smart regressions. Post-execution, the vManager platform will aggregate and merge coverage across engines to see a single result, and intuitively organize verification plans by features to maximize comprehension and reporting visibility.
For functional safety engineers
A single cockpit provides execution to results starting from FMEDA plans, to optimization techniques using formal engines, fault campaign execution of hundreds to thousands of faults in parallel, and traceability and reporting per ISO 26262 guidelines.
For design verification and project managers
The vManager platform provides the automation for aggregating and reporting results, based on real project metrics. Enabled by data congruency across the Cadence Verification Suite, the vManager platform tracks projects and subprojects individually, and aggregates results to a single unified view. It tracks progress, compares to goals, and provides a simplified web-based dashboard for easy viewing and measurement of milestones.
The vManager platform is a true enterprise-class infrastructure that:
- Supports multiple users and user types simultaneously
- Enables configuration of multiple projects using a single infrastructure
- Provides deep integration to execute on a Xcelium, JasperGold, Palladium Z1, or Protium S1 platform
- Aggregates data across multiple sites and enables remote access for remote engineers
With the Incisive vManager solution and MDV methodology, we significantly improved our large-scale integration verification process by adding automation to capture missing test cases and progress management.
Hiroyuki Shibaki, ASIC Design and Verification Manager, Ricoh
The Incisive vManager solution has been very well accepted by our design and verification teams because it’s really straightforward, intuitive, and easy to use. The Incisive vManager solution helps us with project visibility, which improves our verification productivity.
Mirella Negro Marcigaglia, Verification Manager, STMicroelectronics
The new Incisive vManager solution allows us to merge and analyze our latest cores’ databases on a scale never before possible, improving our productivity and providing faster time to market.
Ran Snir, VLSI Director, CEVA
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings. We offer instructor-led classes at our training centers or at your site. We also offer self-paced online courses. Overview