Cadence is committed to keeping design teams highly productive. A range of support offerings and processes helps Cadence users focus on reducing time-to-market and achieving silicon success. Overview
- Accelerate software bring-up in pre-silicon verification engine by orders of magnitude faster than RTL simulation
- Reduce software bring-up time through a balanced distribution of software bring-up tasks between in-circuit and virtual emulation
- Interface to statically controlled peripherals with freedom to debug without running into timeouts
- Have flexibility to run jobs on any Palladium system without physical constraints
The Cadence® VirtualBridge™ Adapter is a software adapter enabling user applications and OS drivers to establish a virtual protocol connection to Cadence Palladium® platforms. The VirtualBridge adapter enables system validation early in a development cycle for purposes such as:
- Emulating hardware design along with software applications via OS drivers
- Running software application testing against emulated hardware via OS drivers
- Performing software OS driver verification
For hardware/software system design, OS driver, and bare-metal software development, engineers require early access to designs being emulated in the Palladium family of verification-compute platforms. The VirtualBridge adapter provides a convenient connection from a software developer’s workstation environment to the hardware design.
The VirtualBridge adapter consists of a transactor that enables high-speed transactions between a user’s design under test (DUT) running in a Palladium platform and a host workstation. A user’s application can drive traffic via their existing OS driver into the transactor, either directly on the same host workstation or via a networked connection. The user’s applications can run on any OS supported by the virtual machine, thus de-coupling the application OS requirements from the hardware host workstation requirements.
The VirtualBridge adapter is a fully static solution, enabling full clock control. This allows clocks to be stopped without encountering motherboard/chipset timeout issues. Users can, for example, pause an active emulation to upload metrics to a workstation to analyze design performance.
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings. We offer instructor-led classes at our training centers or at your site. We also offer self-paced online courses. Overview