Cadence is committed to keeping design teams highly productive. A range of support offerings and processes helps Cadence users focus on reducing time-to-market and achieving silicon success. Overview
- Enterprise-level reliability and scalability, with 5X greater emulation throughput
- Better resource utilization via advanced virtual target relocation and job re-shaping capabilities
- 92% smaller footprint via rack-based blade architecture
Easy to manage and scale, the platform:
- Compiles databases for different workloads, with up to 140MG per hour compile times on a single workstation
- Allocates as many workloads as possible
- Runs workloads based on priorities
- Debugs for both pre- and post-silicon bugs
Smart Emulation Resource Utilization
The way that the Palladium Z1 platform manages emulation resources can save you time and effort. The platform’s unique virtual target relocation capability, along with advanced job shaping allocation, avoids recompiles by allowing payloads to be allocated into available resources at runtime. The platform can execute up to 2304 parallel jobs with 4 million gate granularity and scales to 9.2 billion gates.
Compared to the Palladium XP II environment, the new platform offers an up to 44% reduction in power density, along with a reduction in power consumption per emulation cycle by a factor of three or more. The power advantages are a result of:
- An average of 2.5X better system utilization and number of parallel users
- Up to 5X better emulation throughput
- Up to 140MG per hour compile times
- Superior debug depth and upload speeds
Its rack-based blade architecture results in a 92% smaller footprint and 8X better gate density, compared to the Palladium XP II platform. The Palladium Z1 processor-based compute engine is also designed with massive parallelism, delivering 4X better user granularity than its nearest competitor.
- Processor-based compute engine and Verification Xccelerator Emulator (VXE) software deliver up to 2X faster compiles, run higher performance verification, and support flexible new use models
- Virtual Verification Machine (VVM) supports interactive offline debug
- Cadence Incisive® simulator users can hot-swap from simulation to acceleration without recompilation
- Enables quick bring-up via fast, automated, intelligent compiler
- Facilitates quick system-level bring-up with comprehensive Cadence SpeedBridge® Adapter portfolio and Accelerated Verification IP
- Enables dynamic power analysis and verification via interoperability with the Cadence Joules™ RTL Power Solution
- Supports pre-qualified and configured Emulation Development Kit (EDK) portfolio for USB and PCI Express® for rapid driver development and design verification
- Supports coverage and metric-driven verification
- Features hybrid environment for early hardware/software validation of design and embedded testbenches for comprehensive verification and re-use methodology
- Provides high-level synthesis with Cadence Stratus™ High-Level Synthesis (HLS), so you can integrate high-level abstraction models into the system verification environment
- Supports case-based verification with Cadence Perspec™ System Verifier for SoCs that reduces complex system-level coverage-driven test development time
Due to the Palladium Z1 platform's capacity to handle our billion gate-class designs and its highly sophisticated debug and advanced multiuser capabilities, all in a small form factor, we will be able to design and deliver our next generation GPU and Tegra designs with high quality and on schedule.
Narenda Konda, Director of Engineering, NVIDIA
The Palladium Z1 platform uniquely met our requirements due to its reliability as a datacenter compute resource, offering advanced multi-user capabilities and scalability from small four-million-gate verification payloads to multi-billion gate designs.
Daniel Diao, Deputy General Manager of the Turing Processor Business Unit, Huawei
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings. We offer instructor-led classes at our training centers or at your site. We also offer self-paced online courses. Overview