Cadence is committed to keeping design teams highly productive. A range of support offerings and processes helps Cadence users focus on reducing time-to-market and achieving silicon success. Overview
- Complete, scalable technology for FPGA/PCB co-design for ideal correct-by-construction pin assignment
- Scalable FPGA/PCB co-design solution from OrCAD Capture to Allegro GXL
- Shorter time for optimum initial pin assignment accelerates PCB design schedules
- TÜV SÜD “Fit for Purpose – TCL1” certified to meet ISO 26262 automotive functional safety requirements
The Cadence® Allegro® FPGA System Planner offers a complete, scalable technology for FPGA/PCB co-design that allows users to create an ideal correct-by-construction pin assignment. FPGA pin assignment is synthesized automatically based on user-specified, interface-based connectivity, FPGA device pin assignment rules, and placement of FPGAs on the PCB. With automatic pin-assignment synthesis, users avoid manual error-prone processes while shortening the time to create initial pin assignment that accounts for FPGA placement on the PCB. This unique placement-aware pin assignment approach eliminates unnecessary physical design iterations that are inherent in manual approaches while shortening the design cycle time.
By enabling placement-aware pin-assignment synthesis—which is FPGA device rules accurate—the Allegro FPGA System Planner offers a unique set of capabilities for FPGA/PCB co-design. It provides a floorplan view to place components in the FPGA system and allows users to specify connectivity between components within the FPGA subsystem at a higher level through interface definitions. With its placement-aware pin-assignment synthesis, the Allegro FPGA System Planner enables users to explore their FPGA-based architecture and to create an optimum correct-by-construction pin assignment for either production or prototype designs that use FPGAs.
Automotive TCL1 Certified for ISO 26262
The industry’s first PCB design and verification flow to achieve “Fit for Purpose - Tool Confidence Level 1 (TCL1)” certification enables you to meet stringent ISO 26262 automotive safety requirements. The flow includes everything from design authoring to simulation to physical realization and verification using the PSpice®, Allegro, and OrCAD® product suites. The high-performance design entry, simulation, and layout editing tools provide an integrated environment for design engineers to validate the safety specifications against individual circuit specifications for design confidence. For information on the safety manuals, Tool Confidence Analysis (TCA) documents, and compliance reports from TÜV SÜD, download the Functional Safety Documentation Kits through Cadence Online Support.
- Accelerates integration of FPGAs with Cadence PCB design creation environments
- Eliminates unnecessary, frustrating design iterations during the PCB layout process
- Eliminates unnecessary physical prototype iterations due to FPGA pin assignment errors
- Reduces PCB layer count through placement-aware pin assignment and optimization
- Enables interface-based connectivity definition for the FPGA system
- Enables placement-aware pin assignment synthesis that is FPGA-DRC accurate
- Allows architectural exploration for FPGA system
- Speeds ASIC prototyping using FPGAs
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings. We offer instructor-led classes at our training centers or at your site. We also offer self-paced online courses. Overview