Cadence is committed to keeping design teams highly productive. A range of support offerings and processes helps Cadence users focus on reducing time-to-market and achieving silicon success. Overview
- Performs time domain signal integrity analysis to confirm that designs meet specified targets
- Documents your simulations with flexible 2D and 3D visualization results including waveforms and virtual walk-through
- Provides streamlined workflows for layout-based electrical rule checks (ERCs) using embedded solvers and simulators
Uniquely equipped to let you perform a broad range of analysis tasks from a single tool—including electrical rule checking, interconnect model extraction, signal integrity (SI) and power integrity (PI) studies, and design-stage electromagnetic interference analysis—Cadence® Sigrity™ SPEED2000™ technology is a layout-based finite difference time-domain (FDTD) simulation tool for IC package and/or board analysis with multiple workflows to guide the user through the various analysis tasks. Included is a combination of circuit and transmission-line simulations with a fast, special-purpose electromagnetic field solver that computes dynamic interactions between signal, power, and ground on IC package and board signals and planes.
The Sigrity SPEED2000 technology is designed to work with popular chip/package/board design flows. The tool lets you perform time-domain analysis to confirm that designs meet specified targets, it understands complex voltage noise propagation (including return-path discontinuities), simulates simultaneous switching noise (SSN), and helps you identify improvement opportunities. The Sigrity SPEED2000 technology provides a transient simulation environment for both SI and PI of package and/or PCB. Interconnect model extraction can be performed to support reflection-focused (level 1) or crosstalk-focused (level 2) simulation in a pure circuit simulator such as the Cadence Sigrity SystemSI™ simulator. In addition, the Sigrity SystemSI and SPEED2000 technologies can be used together to support detailed power-aware (level 3) SI analysis using the FDTD-direct workflow.
Another popular Sigrity SPEED2000 workflow is power-aware electrical rule checking (ERC). This unique technology expands beyond classic impedance and crosstalk rule checking by including estimated noise coupling from power and ground planes that may be ringing.
The electro-static discharge (ESD) workflow is used to test the impact of sudden and unexpected flow of electricity from an external source such as human contact or plugging in a cable with a charge. The flow includes defining the placement of an ESD gun model and then observing the impact to the board, signals, and planes. Transient-voltage-suppression (TVS) diodes and their ability to clamp the voltage peak are included in the ESD simulation.
- Workflows for full board screening of signal impedance, crosstalk, and return path discontinuities (no models required)
- Simulation-based SI rule checking that considers power plane noise (no models required)
- Simulates simultaneous switching noise (SSN) and identifies improvement options
- Unique electromagnetic control (EMC) simulation solution with support for designs with non-linear drivers and receivers
- Determines the impact of variations in stack-up, plane geometries, and I/O configurations
- Observes where noise is generated, identifies how it propagates, and determines if it stays within targeted levels
- Interconnect model extraction of single or coupled signal lines for use with external circuit simulators such as the Sigrity SystemSI tool
- Behaves as an FDTD-direct engine for the Sigrity SystemSI tool, enabling system-level power-aware SI analysis (no requirement for S-parameters)
- ESD workflow provides feedback on effectiveness of TVS diodes
- Optimized for flows with Cadence SiP Layout, Allegro® Package Designer, and Allegro PCB Designer
- Readily used in Mentor, Zuken, and Altium flows, accepting a mix of CAD databases where needed for multi-structure design support
Conference Paper (4)
- Modeling of the Electrical Performance of the Power and Ground Supply for a PC Microprocessor on a Card Conference Paper
- The Facts about the Input Impedance of Power and Ground Planes Conference Paper
- Effects of Power Ground Via Distribution on the Power Ground Performance of C4 BGA Packages Conference Paper
- Shorting Via Arrays for the Elimination of Package Resonance to Reduce Power Supply Noise in Multi-layered Area-Array IC Packages Conference Paper
Success Story Video (3)
Press Releases (4)
- Cadence Sigrity 2017 Delivers Fast Path to PCB Power Integrity Signoff
- Cadence Sigrity 2016 Portfolio Improves Product Creation Time with PCB Design and Analysis Methodology for Multi-Gigabit Interfaces
- Cadence and Spreadtrum Collaborate on Virtual Reference Design Kit to Reduce Customers' Design Cycle by Up to 12 Weeks
- Cadence Expands Sigrity 2015 Technology Portfolio with New Products, a Key Feature Update and Flexible Licensing Options
White Paper (1)
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings. We offer instructor-led classes at our training centers or at your site. We also offer self-paced online courses. Overview