Cadence is committed to keeping design teams highly productive. A range of support offerings and processes helps Cadence users focus on reducing time-to-market and achieving silicon success. Overview
- Up to 3X reduction in test time without impact on design size or fault coverage
- Up to 2.6X reduction in compression logic wirelength
- Natively integrated with the Genus™ Synthesis Solution
- RTL insertion of Programmable MBIST
- Programmable MBIST: Support for ARM MBIST Interface
Concerned about your test costs? Reduce your SoC test time by up to 3X with the Cadence® Modus™ DFT Software Solution. Introducing a new patented 2D Elastic Compression architecture, this next-generation tool enables compression ratios beyond 400X without impacting design size or routing. With a complete suite of industry-standard capabilities for memory BIST, logic BIST, testpoint insertion, and diagnostics, the solution can help you reduce your production test costs and increase silicon profit margins.
The 2D Elastic Compression architecture in the Modus DFT Software Solution consists of:
- Modus 2D Compression: XOR compression logic forms a physically aware 2D grid across the chip floorplan, enabling higher compression ratios with reduced wirelength. At 100X compression ratios, wirelength for 2D compression can be up to 2.6X smaller than current industry scan compression architectures.
- Modus Elastic Compression: Registers embedded in the decompression logic enable fault coverage to be maintained at compression ratios beyond 400X by controlling care bits sequentially across multiple scan cycles during ATPG.
- Integration with Synthesis and Implementation Flows: All Modus DFT logic insertion is natively integrated within the Genus Synthesis Solution cockpit. The solution’s Modus ATPG component also shares a common Tcl scripting and debug language with the Genus Synthesis Solution, the Innovus™ Implementation System, and the Tempus™ Timing Signoff Solution, streamlining flow development and simplifying user training across a complete Cadence digital flow.
- Embedded Memory Bus Support: Integrate seamlessly with macro interface for at-speed PMBIST across multiple embedded memories in an IP core and support for ARM MBIST interface. New programmable test algorithms for FinFET SRAMs and automotive safety applications are also included with this feature.
What’s in the Solution?
In addition to Modus 2D Compression and Modus Elastic Compression, the Modus DFT Software Solution encompasses:
- Modus DFT: natively integrated with the Genus Synthesis Solution, inserts full-chip test logic including full scan, boundary scan, XOR compression, 2D Elastic Compression, X-masking, PMBIST with repair, shared test access bus, LBIST, on-chip clock controller, power test access module, JTAG controller, IJTAG, and IEEE1500. SDC constraints for test modes and Modus ATPG run scripts are automatically generated for further ease of use.
- Modus ATPG: static and delay fault test pattern generation, low-power test pattern generation with scan and capture toggle count limits, and distributed test pattern generation with near linear runtime scalability across multiple machines and CPUs
- Modus Diagnostics: single- and multi-die volume diagnostics, with physical defect location callout and root-cause analysis for logic gates and memories
The Modus Test Solution demonstrated a 3.6X reduction in test time on a customer networking chip without impacting design routability or fault coverage. This technology definitely reduces production test costs.
Sue Bentlage, Director, ASIC Design and Methodology, GLOBALFOUNDRIES
Minimizing the cost of test is crucial in high-volume, price-sensitive markets like embedded processing. The Modus Test Solution is showing a 1.7X reduction in digital test time on one of our largest and most complex embedded processor chips.
Roger Peters, MCU Silicon Development, Texas Instruments
With the Modus Test Solution, we achieved an impressive 2.6X reduction in compression wirelength and a 2X reduction in scan time. The reduction in compression logic wirelength enabled us to address a key challenge for design closure.
Alan Nakamoto, Vice President, Engineering Services, Microsemi Corp.
Test time has a significant impact on semiconductor product costs and production capacity, so reducing test time is important. We have seen the Modus Test Solution achieve a 2X reduction in test time without impacting fault coverage or die size.
Chris Malkin, Baseband IC Manager, Sequans
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings. We offer instructor-led classes at our training centers or at your site. We also offer self-paced online courses. Overview