- Extensive portfolio of design, verification, and validation tools and IP to address complex and sensitive design challenges
- Deep experience in optimizing system designs to meet power, performance, area, and other stringent requirements
- Hardware/software co-verification capabilities to deliver first-pass success
- Accurate co-design, analysis, and signoff of complex, heterogeneous, multi-chip, multi-fabric integration and packaging solutions
When it comes to designing and verifying aerospace- and military-grade applications, the stakes are even higher given their mission-critical nature. You need to ensure rock-solid systems security, comply with safety and reliability standards, avoid parts obsolescence, and block counterfeiting and malicious content.
Cadence can take your worries away through our full array of system design and verification, digital design, and custom design tools, IP, and methodologies. In the commercial electronics market, we continue to strengthen our reputation for delivering first-pass success. By working closely with us, you can develop trusted, future-proof FPGA and ASIC designs using solutions that your commercial electronics counterparts have been relying on for more than 25 years. With our tools that co-verify the hardware and software design and operation, you can discover anomalies much earlier in the design phase and be on your way to achieving first-pass success.
Let us help you:
- Develop and maintain advanced SoC design and verification expertise
- Manage long SoC development schedules and minimize risk of respins
- Mitigate risks posed by inadequate verification methodologies
- Address software integration challenges and time
- Analyze multi-fabric chip/package/board designs
- Explore the high-level concepts and activities within the DO-254. Read the white paper
- Explore software tools as they relate to meeting the DO-254 Design Assurance Guidance for Airborne Electronic Hardware specifications. Read the white paper
Our portfolio includes:
- Design tools proven on complex, advanced-node, and sensitive programs on a wide variety of process nodes, including the smallest geometries currently in use
- Hardware platforms that accelerate the design process with over 20 use models for verification and analysis
- Verification IP to speed industry-standard compliance testing
- Design IP proven in silicon, from small blocks to complex interfaces and configurable processors
- Services team to assist in the design process, with experience in ITAR and other sensitive programs
- Broad and deep ecosystem of partners for broader solution platforms
- Professional education and training for all aspects of electronics system design to help augment and raise your team’s capabilities and reduce risk
- DO-254 certified personnel, compliant flow development experience, and project management expertise
With the most extensive portfolio of capabilities for creating high-complexity electronics-centric systems backed by deep experience, Cadence can be an ideal partner for your next program, whether you are designing SoCs on the most advanced nodes, RF chips, power ICs, packages, interposers, or PCBs.
Meeting Stringent Military-Grade Design Requirements
Systems security: Good security starts with a safe hardware foundation. Cadence’s JasperGold® Security App ensures adherence to trusted zone assertions on datapath access. Encryption is still a best practice with regards to protecting sensitive information during the computation process. Our Tensilica® optimizable processor has been deployed in numerous security-sensitive applications where end-to-end encryption is a requirement.
Hardware obsolescence: A single solution has yet to merge to address all situations encompassed by this vexing problem. However, Cadence has developed methodologies that have proven to be an effective approach to break out of the cycle of semiconductor obsolescence. Our Palladium® (emulation), Protium™ (FPGA prototyping), and JasperGold (formal) environments provide a platform for functional assurance and, along with the vManager™ Metric-Driven Signoff Platform, delivers coverage assessment to ensure underlying operational equivalence. The full suite of chip, package, and board automation capabilities are coupled with IP and services to provide a rich solution that covers a broad set of specific part obsolescence situations and requirements.
Legacy software preservation: Often, the tremendous investment in software for a fielded system prevents beneficial hardware upgrades. Cadence has developed methodologies centered on its Palladium and Protium platforms that mitigate the need for expensive and time-consuming software development and re-certification.
Power/performance/thermal: Optimizing the delivery of mission-critical capabilities while meeting the performance, power, and thermal envelope is daunting. Cadence combines the capabilities of our Interconnect Workbench for performance analysis, Palladium and Joules™ solutions for power analysis, and Sigrity™ technology for thermal analysis into a flow that offers early insights into SoC program status with respect to envelope requirements.
3D/2.D/PoP/etc.: With or without the aid of Moore’s Law, miniaturization provides value in performance, power, size, and weight. Cadence’s Allegro® SiP (PCB and system-in-package), Innovus™ (digital floorplanning and place and route), Virtuoso® (custom and analog), and Sigrity (chip, package, and board electrical signal and power integrity with thermal analysis) tools interoperate through the OpenAccess database to provide a complete and seamless design, analysis, and signoff solution for the most challenging packaging stacks.
Advanced node: At the forefront of design automation and IP development for the newest process technologies, Cadence has the expertise and deep, trusted partnerships that enable you to leverage the semiconductor industry’s most advanced capabilities. Our Innovus, Genus™, Stratus™, and Modus™ technologies enable digital designs. Electrical signoff tools include our Tempus™, Quantus™, and Voltus™ solutions, while our physical signoff solutions consist of our design for manufacturing and physical verification solutions. Our Virtuoso environment accelerates analog and custom designs. For cell library characterization, there's our Liberate™ characterization platform. Our System Development Suite and Spectre® SPICE simulators perform verification. We also offer verification, design, and processor IP that speed the SoC design process.
DO-254 compliance: With engineering teams experienced in the stringent requirements of complex avionics systems and through verification and implementation flows that meet compliancy requirements, Cadence is a partner that you can count on from beginning to end. We also offer training and program compliance management. Planning, tracking, and management functions within the vManager Metric-Driven Signoff Platform offer core automation capabilities related to traceability.