SAN JOSE, Calif., 04 Mar 2014
- TimingVision environment provides an innovative and unique environment for accelerating timing closure within the Allegro PCB Designer solution
- Auto-interactive routing capabilities working with TimingVision environment accelerates timing closure on complex high-speed interfaces, such as DDR3 memory, by up to 67%
- Allegro Sigrity users can combine TimingVision with Sigrity power-aware signal integrity (SI) analysis to rapidly implement and accurately assure compliance with memory interface specifications
- Cadence enables product creation from IP to SoC to package to PCB to system, predictably and cost effectively
TimingVision environment uses an embedded timing engine to analyze the entire interface structure and develop timing goals to help designers visualize real-time delay and phase information directly on a canvas. This greatly reduces manual editing, overall implementation time and designer effort. When combined with the Cadence Sigrity™ power-aware SI analysis tool, TimingVision environment enables rapid implementation and tuning in compliance with standard interfaces, diminishing trials and errors in fixing timing issues.
TimingVision environment is ideal for any PCBs that include advanced high-speed interfaces and is especially suited to PC, tablet, smartphone and cloud data center infrastructure applications. Key features include:
- TimingVision environment, which provides dynamic feedback on the active and related signals during edits on the design canvas
- Auto-interactive Phase Tuning (AiPT), to compensate both static and dynamic phase constraints on a selected set of differential pairs
- Auto-interactive Delay Tuning (AiDT), to compensate for propagation delay, relative propagation delay and total etch length constraints specified in the physical design on a selected set of signals such as a byte lane.
"Cadence is in a unique position to address all high-speed IP implementation and verification needs, from chip to end product," said AJ Incorvaia, vice president, R&D, Cadence. "With the introduction of TimingVision environment, PCB designers now have a proven and highly efficient solution to meet increasingly complex timing closure challenges."
TimingVision environment, along with the auto-interactive routing environment, is available now as part of the Allegro PCB High-Speed Option.
To learn more about TimingVision environment, please click here.
Cadence enables global electronic design innovation and plays an essential role in the creation of today's integrated circuits and electronics. Customers use Cadence software, hardware, IP, and services to design and verify advanced semiconductors, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer systems. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with sales offices, design centers, and research facilities around the world to serve the global electronics industry. More information about the company, its products, and services is available here.
For more information, please contact: