Cadence is committed to building a culture that fosters inclusion and embraces diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. Our internship program and relationships with key universities are a critical part of our strategy to increase and support diversity. To further support this mission, we offered the Cadence Women in Technology Scholarship for eligible female students and interns
We are currently accepting applicants for the 2019-2020 academic year! Before filling out the application, please carefully review the criteria below.
Scholarship winners will be selected to receive a $5,000 scholarship, subject to applicable taxes that the recipient will be responsible for. Funds may be used on an unrestricted basis. This is a one-time scholarship.
The applicant must:
- Identify as female
- Be a full-time student in good academic standing at an accredited university in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program in the United States or Canada for the 2019 -– 2020 academic year, pursuing:
- Computer science
- Computer engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Electronic engineering
- A closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion in technology
To apply, applicants must submit the following information and documents by October 16, 2019:
- Completed online application questionnaire
- Two letters of recommendation from professors, instructors, and/or advisors, which can be uploaded to the online application or sent directly to WiT_scholarship@cadence.com
- Academic transcripts from current and prior universities (official copy will be required if selected)
Before you apply, you will need to prepare responses to the following questions:
- List all academic awards and recognitions you have received
- List all programs and activities you are engaged with at your university
- List all programs and activities you are engaged with outside of your university
- Describe a technical project that you have pursued at school or in your free time that you are very passionate about (Limit 600 words)
- Describe the biggest challenge you have faced as a woman in technology and how you overcame it. (Limit 600 words)
Please submit your application using the link below. For any questions regarding the scholarship or application, please write to WiT_scholarship@cadence.com.
The Cadence iLS courses, laboratories, and Rapid Adoption Kits have been tremendously useful in rapidly improving my research team and student skill set in electronic design automation. I strongly recommend using the iLS tools if you want to effectively improve your EDA and digital design skill set.
Dr. Matthew Morrison, Assistant Professor, University of Mississippi
Cadence is a leader in supporting technical and professional activities that have enabled building an EDA community. ACM SIGDA is very appreciative of the their continued support to nurture young professionals and students through sustained support of activities at major EDA conferences.
Dr. Vijaykrishnan Narayanan, ACM SIGDA Chair, Distinguished Professor of Computer Science and Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
We are grateful for the engagement with Cadence over the past 10 years. It has led us to innovative breakthroughs and has helped us educate pioneering scholars for the future workforce in EDA.
Dr. Xin Li Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Duke University
Cadence Academic Network support is the key to enabling our capabilities in innovating integrated circuit and system design with extreme energy/power efficiency. The quality of Cadence tools is outstanding and offers responsive support to address the challenges posed by new design methodologies and techniques.
Prof. Massimo Alioto, IEEE Fellow Director of the Integrated Circuit and Embedded Systems Lab, National University of Singapore
The greatest benefit that we get from the Cadence Academic Network is access to the most modern tools for electronic design automation.
Professor Ulrich Bruening, University of Heidelberg, Germany
The Academic Network helps us to be in line with the newest technology from Cadence, helping my research to stay at the leading edge.
Professor Michael Huebner, Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany
The comprehensive reach of the Cadence Academic Network has help us cover every aspect of design from analog circuitry to digital and system design, so it is extremely useful for us.
Professor Mladen Berekovic, Braunschweig University of Technology
Cadence has made us confident in our work, because we know that we are instructing students in the most modern and capable tools which are used worldwide.
Professor Marek Wójcikowski, Gdansk University, Poland
We are proud to be part of Cadence Academic Network because it provides us the opportunity to interact with other leading institutions covering a broad range of research topics.
Professor Holger Blume, Leibniz University of Hannover, Germany