This course focuses on the lexical scoping and object-oriented extensions to the SKILL® language known as the SKILL++ language. You will learn to apply procedural interfaces and object-oriented methodologies to create hybrid SKILL and SKILL++ applications.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply advanced capabilities of SKILL and SKILL++
- Write more efficient and simpler code resulting in fewer bugs
- Create simple macros and experiment with more complex ones
- Develop SKILL++ programs using lexical scoping
- Develop SKILL++ programs using the SKILL++ Object System
Software Used in This Course
- Virtuoso® Design Environment
- SKILL executable
- SKILL development environment
Note that this course can be tailored to better meet your needs – contact the Cadence training staff for specifics.
- Classes and Inheritance
- Function Parameters
- Scoping and Closures
- Destructuring Lists
- Methods (Primary)
- Macros Intro
- Generalized Places
- Local Functions
- Indirect Function Calls
- Methods (Intermediate)
- Object Initialization
- Multiple Inheritance
- Methods (Advanced)
- Control Flow (optional)
- Assert (optional)
Experienced SKILL programmers who want to develop or maintain complex SKILL applications by using modern software engineering techniques to modularize program code.
You must have experience with or knowledge of the following:
- Project-related experience with SKILL programming
Or you must have completed one or more of the following courses:
Click here to view course learning maps, and here for complete course catalogs.