The SiP Layout course covers a complete package design flow using the SiP Layout software. You begin by building components for your design, including the I/O component and die interfaces, using a variety of tools. You create standard and extended manufacturing constraints as well as high-speed electrical constraints. You will then use the wire-bonding toolset to wire bond the die to the package and route the package using both interactive and automatic routing techniques. You will create power and ground shapes, and then generate documentation and manufacturing files in both gerber and GDSII formats.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a process flow to suit your design needs
- Create a cross section to model the SiP package
- Use the SiP Layout physical and spacing constraint system to define physical and spacing constraints in your design
- Define physical package I/O components in a variety of ways
- Define the physical IC interface through different mechanisms
- Create bond pads and blind/buried padstacks.
- Wirebond a stacked die to the package.
- Route the package interconnect manually and automatically.
- Create power and ground shapes.
- Run Assembly Rule Checks.
- Generate documentation layers.
- Create manufacturing data.
Software Used in This Course
Modules in this Online Course
- Getting Started
- Component Building
- Design Setup
- Wire Bonding
- 3-D viewing
- High Density Interconnect
- Embedded Components
- Manufacturing Output
- This course is for SiP designers and design engineers.
You must have experience with or knowledge of the following:
- You need a working knowledge of single or multichip design and construction.
System Requirements for Online Courses
- Cadence software as listed above installed and licensed
Click here to view course learning maps, and here for complete course catalogs.