Our virtual prototyping solution for early software development, independent of hardware development, is a key component of the Cadence® System Development Suite. The Cadence Virtual System Platform is part of a connected development flow and is used to validate the system hardware/software interfaces as the register-transfer level (RTL) becomes available. By facilitating early software development, higher software developer productivity, and continuous hardware/software integration validation, the Virtual System Platform and System Development Suite can shave months off of system development schedules. Also part of the System Development Suite, the Cadence Palladium® XP Verification Computing Platform and Virtual System Platform Hybrid
deliver a connected solution for early software validation.
The Virtual System Platform simplifies the creation and support of virtual prototypes with automated modeling and faster debugging. Design teams can begin developing software weeks to months before a hardware prototype is available, and software teams can use it as their application development platform.
- Begin software development months before RTL and FPGA prototypes are available
- Create a first-working virtual prototype in days vs. weeks
- Improve collaboration between hardware and software development teams
- Rapidly debug complex hardware and software issues
- Easily connect to the implementation flow