Home > Community > Forums > Functional Verification > CDNLive! 2007: What will YOU be looking out for?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

CDNLive! 2007: What will YOU be looking out for? 

Last post Tue, Feb 6 2007 5:00 AM by archive. 3 replies.
Started by archive 06 Feb 2007 05:00 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 1214 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Feb 6 2007 5:00 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,910
    CDNLive! 2007: What will YOU be looking out for? Reply

Hi everyone,

Another CDNLive EMEA is just around the corner (Munich, May 14-16). The steering committee and organizers are hard at work picking a well-rounded contribution of technical papers, presentations and other cool stuff. Last year's event was definitely worth the trip to Nice - despite some healthy competition from the World Cup ;-)

I thought it'd be a good idea to start a topic and ask everyone: What will YOU be looking out for at CDNLive (EMEA, SV, the world!) this year wrt verification planning?

• Technical papers on users' experience with planning methodology ?
    • Hot technologies like IPCM, Trailblazer or uRM ?
    • New product releases like Enterprise Manager 2.x ?
    • Tutorials, training or other face-to-face user discussions ?
    My personal favorite will have to be planning and mixed-language environment integration: how do I create one plan and make sure I can track metrics coming in from different sources?

Whatever it is, other users are interested! Let us know!

Happy planning,

-Stelix.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by stelix
    • Post Points: 0
  • Fri, Feb 9 2007 10:14 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,910
    RE: CDNLive! 2007: What will YOU be looking out for? Reply

I would eagerly look for uRM, here is a long rationale..

Thanks
    Ajeetha, CVC
    www.noveldv.com

I'm not a IUS user as of now, but am rather quite well versed with equivalent methdoologies for Verification using SytemVerilog such as VMM and AVM. Since these two are quite open, I am able to correlate them well and see a similarity and use them nicely. I hope the much talked about uRM will be made open as well - by open I don't mean a "free tool" rather the methodology. I see several benefits for many in doing that:

• A potential user can look at all methodologies and choose (not by going through evals for whcih usually he/she may not have time for)
    • Independent Verification services companies such as mine (CVC, www.noveldv.com) can promote all methodologies equally and hence gain a wider "market penetration" :-)
    • Several design companies often seek for an independent voice on the methodology, and services companies can now talk about all 3 and if they already use say NCSIM, it may be just better for him to move to uRM. For instance in the last 1 month I met 2 of my potential clients here in Bangalore who use NC and they were looking at SystemVerilog, but I couldn;t talk to them about "effective way to use a vast language such as SV". I only had information on VMM & AVM and the clients finally said, let me call the CDN support to find out about uRM. But later one of them called me up and said due to project pressure he had to drop that idea for now (also he was told that uRM was new, not ready etc.). I wish I had enough info to show him on uRM on that day itself :-)

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by ajeetha
  • Mon, Mar 26 2007 9:19 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,910

Ajeetha you raise some interesting questions.

How much do you feel your customers understand the relative benefits of different verification methodologies? You mention that they are interested in SV - why? I mean, it would make sense to me that one would pick a methodology and then implement it in the language of choice. Do you think that verification teams allocate enough time and energy in methodology evaluation and adoption?

A good place to raise such questions and discuss IPCM (which encompasses uRM), other than this forum of course :-) is the IPC Forum on Wednesday (5/16) afternoon at CDNLive EMEA.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by stelix
  • Sat, Mar 31 2007 9:22 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,910

Posted By stelix on 3/26/2007 9:19 PM
    Ajeetha you raise some interesting questions.

How much do you feel your customers understand the relative benefits of different verification methodologies? You mention that they are interested in SV - why? I mean, it would make sense to me that one would pick a methodology and then implement it in the language of choice. Do you think that verification teams allocate enough time and energy in methodology evaluation and adoption?

A good place to raise such questions and discuss IPCM (which encompasses uRM), other than this forum of course :-) is the IPC Forum on Wednesday (5/16) afternoon at CDNLive EMEA.

Thanks for responding. On:

>> why SV

Indian ASIC market is very dynamic and energetic engineers look for new ways and languages. To extract the maximum out of their enthusiasm their leads and managers also kind of encourage of them as and when the project schedule allows to explore. So I'm not surprised at the increasing SV interest here in India.

>> good place to raise such
    >> s the IPC Forum

Hopefully it will be in India CDN Live as well and also I hope I will have a chance to be there at CDN Live!

Regards
    Ajeetha, CVC
    www.noveldv.com

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by ajeetha
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 06 Feb 2007 05:00 AM. Topic has 3 replies.