Home > Community > Forums > Functional Verification > About Open Verification Methodology

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

About Open Verification Methodology 

Last post Sun, Oct 28 2007 10:52 PM by archive. 9 replies.
Started by archive 28 Oct 2007 10:52 PM. Topic has 9 replies and 1738 views
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sun, Oct 28 2007 10:52 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    About Open Verification Methodology Reply

Hi Cadence, I heard that Cadence will release a Open Verification Methodology with Mentor. Where can I download the Cadence version? Best regards, Davy

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by davyzhu
    • Post Points: 0
  • Mon, Oct 29 2007 10:45 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: About Open Verification Methodology Reply

Hello Davy,

Thanks for asking about OVM. OVM is on schedule tracking the dates Mentor and Cadence announced back in August. That means it is now in early adopter customers and will be released for general use at the end of the year. In the meantime, Cadence and Mentor are creating an OVM website which will open before the end of the year. The website will start off hosting technical content and will be the place to download the library, examples, and documentation.

We are in the midst of visiting customers with technical details and a demo of OVM. If you haven't seen it yet, please contact your local account team or me directly and we'll make sure to get you the information you need.

=Adam Sherer, SystemVerilog marketing director, (asherer@cadence.com

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by Adam.Sherer
  • Tue, Nov 6 2007 7:40 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

Hi,
    I'm also interested in the OVM.
    I tried to compile Mentor Graphics's AVM with NCSim 6.14U but got a lot of errors. It seems some SV language features are not supported by NCSim at the moment. When Cadence and Mentor release OVM I guess there will be a new release of NCsim as well? How much of the AVM are adopted to OVM(Can we see some AVM stuffs in the OVM?)

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by xz
  • Tue, Nov 6 2007 7:54 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

We are using Incisive 6.2 (Incisive Design Team Simulator 29630 or Incisive Enterprise Simulator 29651) for the OVM development.  That vesion of the simulator will be on the download site by tomorrow (November 7th).

In the OVM development, both Cadence and Mentor discovered features in their class libraries and methodologies that the other company did not support.  The good news was that these issues were relatively minor and we were each able to keep the APIs nearly intact for both contributing libraries as we brought them together in OVM.  On the Cadence side, we have tested this by moving some of our customer's URM environments to the early adopter version of OVM.  In each case, the conversion took about a day.  We will be publishing information on that process and I expect that Mentor will publish information on how to move AVM environments.  Once the environment moves to OVM, you can rest assured that it will run on both the Incisive and Questa platforms.

Once OVM is available on the upcoming OVM website, both Cadence and Mentor will publish information on the simulator versions that run it.  On the Cadence side, that will be at least the 6.2 release and its subsequent updates.

If you are in the San Jose area, I'd recommend taking part in the OVM seminar tomorrow.  If you are not in San Jose, you can attend by webinar.  The sign-up info is at http://www.cadence.com/company/events/event.aspx?xml=open_verification_methodology.

Regards,

Adam "Sherilog" Sherer

• Tue, Nov 6 2007 8:42 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

I was just reminded that the URL in the previous post is for folks who will attend live.  If you need to attend remotely via the webinar, please go to this URL to sign-up.  http://www.cadence.com/webinars/ovm_webinar/index.aspx

=Adam

• Tue, Nov 6 2007 9:55 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

Thanks for info! I'll try the webinar.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by xz
  • Mon, Dec 31 2007 11:14 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

How can I view the recoded webinars? Is the OVM available for download now?

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by ganenn
  • Fri, Jan 4 2008 10:28 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

When will the OVM be ready for download?
    The design/verification world is waiting for
    the improved and open verification methodology.
    This will certainly cause Synopsys to rethink
    their proprietary implementation of systemverilog libraries.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by chips4yu
  • Fri, Jan 4 2008 10:45 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

First release of OVM is scheduled for Jan 9, 2008. The release will be announced on this site as well as major EDA news outlets. Keep checking www.ovmworld.org.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by pjigar
  • Fri, Jan 4 2008 11:07 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

Hello All,

First and foremost, the OVM code is just about ready for download!  As we anticipated, the holidays added a few days to the schedule, but Cadence and Mentor have finished their final testing and we are now qualifying the download site.  Give us just a few days and the open download -- along with documentation, examples, white paper, data sheet, seminar schedule, and more -- will be ready.

Some folks may have seen a reply to this forum with some specific dates and site names.  As a policy, we can't comment on future press announcements, so we were forced to pull that posting.  Again, that is only an issue about making future statements, not a reflection on the status of OVM.

=Adam Sherer
    asherer@cadence.com

• Wed, Jan 9 2008 8:11 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

Its open!  The OVM is now available from http://www.ovmworld.org.  You do need to register and click through the Apache license to get the source, but that also allows enables you to post to the forums.

At this time you can download the source code, documentation, examples, white paper, and data sheet.

Cadence at its partners will follow-up with tutorials, training, workshops, seminars, and a whole lot more.  The OVMworld.org site lists some of these and more will come.

If you have any questions feel free to post them here or on the OVMworld forum as well as contacting your Cadence account and support teams.

=Adam Sherilog

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 28 Oct 2007 10:52 PM. Topic has 9 replies.