Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

code coverage 

Last post Mon, Jul 9 2007 2:23 AM by archive. 5 replies.
Started by archive 09 Jul 2007 02:23 AM. Topic has 5 replies and 5134 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Jul 9 2007 2:23 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    code coverage Reply

Hi
    We are using IUS 6.1 and URM for  VIP development.
    Can i go for code coverage of the complete environment that i have developed?
    HOw do i do that?

Regards

Rishi

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by Tel1234
    • Post Points: 0
  • Mon, Jul 9 2007 2:40 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: code coverage Reply

Hi Rishi.

You can do coverage of your verification environment as well as any DUT, because if you don't specify the -covdut option, the top-level is taken as the DUT for coverage purposes.

The simplest set of switches would be:

[i]irun -cov58 -coverage ALL[/i]

Then to analyse:
    [i]iccr -cov58 -gui[/i]

The best thing though would be for you to read the ICC tutorial which will give you a good introduction to doing coverage in IUS.
    You can find that under "cdsdoc", or if you prefer to use PDF docs (like me) then this will get you there:
    [i]acroread `ncroot`/doc/incovtut/incovtut.pdf [/i]

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by stephenh
  • Mon, Jul 9 2007 3:19 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

Steve,

Can i exclude any modules, so that they are not included in coverage report?

If yes, how do i do that?

-Vivek.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by prasad_vc
  • Mon, Jul 9 2007 4:08 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

Hi Vivek.

Have a look in the ICC User's Guide (`ncroot`/doc/iccug/iccug.pdf) at the chapter "Generating Coverage Data".
    Specifically the -covfile option to ncelab. You start to need to use a coverage control file, which would contain something like:
    // cov_options.ccf
    select_coverage -be -module *
    deselect_coverage -be -module fred
    deselect_coverage -be -instance top.jim.dummy
    // end of file

This example would enable block and expression coverage in every module except "fred", and instance "top.jim.dummy".
    You can get quite creative with this is you need to, and you really should read the user guide to get an understanding of what you're doing with these commands :-)

If you're using 3-step compilation (ncvlog;ncelab;ncsim) then this .ccf file is used like "ncelab -cov58 -covfile cov_options.ccf".
    If you're using single step (ncverilog or irun) then use "irun -cov58 -covfile cov_options.ccf".
    In fact, use irun, it's brilliant because it can sort out all your C, VHDL, Verilog etc files from one command line!

Steve.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by stephenh
  • Mon, Aug 13 2007 4:54 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

does anyone has idea about "ntcnotchk: option in ncsim

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by angirasg
  • Mon, Aug 13 2007 8:22 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

In the future, it would be better to start a new topic when asking a different question. This is also unrelated to SV and should go in the Simulation forum. Now for the answer which I'm copying directly from the NC-Verilog Simulator Help docs. -NTCNOtchks (Verilog only) Generate negative timing check (NTC) delays, but do not execute timing checks. You can use the -notimingchecks option to turn off all timing checks in your design. However, if you have negative timing checks in the design, this option also disables the generation of delayed internal signals, and you may get wrong simulation results if the design requires these delayed signals to function correctly. That is, if you have negative timing checks, simulation results may be different with -notimingchecks and without -notimingchecks. Use the -ntcnotchks option instead of the -notimingchecks option if you want the delayed signals to be generated but want to turn off timing checks. This option removes the timing checks from the simulation after the NTC delays have been generated. If you are running the simulator in single-step mode with the ncverilog command, use the +ncntcnotchks option.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by tpylant
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 09 Jul 2007 02:23 AM. Topic has 5 replies.