Hi Unmesh,Originally posted in cdnusers.org by ajeetha
I believe you posted this in vguild as well: Here is a consolidated reply from my end:
I believe this is doable with VPI - through vpi_handle_by_name and vpi_put in combination.
Are there good reasons to do this? ANy run time path generation sounds fancy, but can get you into trouble - imagine:
1. You run a sim till 100ms,
2. Do a fancy force like this and got a typo error
3. Bang! You hit an error and tool exits! Or sim fails!
It is better to let the path be statically checked at elaboration and let the sim run peacefully - Just MHO.
In any case I see 2 choices:
1. Use VPI as I suggested - IMHO, your best bet to be tool independent
2. Use TCL interface and get this done, fairly straight forward to do, though may not be as optimal as #1. This will be lot less work from your end: