Home > Community > Forums > Functional Verification > CDNLive Silicon Valley 2006

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

CDNLive Silicon Valley 2006 

Last post Tue, Aug 8 2006 4:58 AM by archive. 0 replies.
Started by archive 08 Aug 2006 04:58 AM. Topic has 0 replies and 927 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Aug 8 2006 4:58 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950
    CDNLive Silicon Valley 2006 Reply

Last year I attended CDNLive and really got a lot out of it.  The papers presented in the functional verification track gave great perspectives on how customers were using Cadence tools to help verify their designs.  Although the designs were much different than what my company designs, I was able to learn from the presenters and apply some things they presented to what we are designing.

In addition to the paper presentations, the speakers were also excellent.  They shared their perspectives on problems facing designs today, how some of these problems will be solved, and where the semiconductor industry was headed in the future.

Not only was the content interesting, but the conference itself was well run.  The amount of time given to the presenters seemed to be the right length, the number of breaks was appropriate, and there were always plenty of refreshments available.

I am going again this year and would definitely recommend it to others.  Take a look at the conference website if you haven’t already.

http://www.cadence.com/cdnlive/na/index.aspx

Also, one particular presentation that may be of interest to this forum is on Wednesday titled “Formal Analysis of Padring Mux-Logic Using IFV (Incisive Formal Verifier).”
    http://www.cadence.com/cdnlive/na/schedule2006_wed.aspx

The abstract talks about automatically extracting assertions from a specification for use with Formal Analysis to exhaustively verify and achieve 100% coverage while reducing effort 4-10x.  These are very lofty goals and it will be interesting to hear how they did it.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by weberrm
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 08 Aug 2006 04:58 AM. Topic has 0 replies.