Home > Community > Forums > IC Packaging and SiP Design > Die Text in Problem

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

 Die Text in Problem 

Last post Tue, Mar 6 2007 10:12 AM by archive. 5 replies.
Started by archive 06 Mar 2007 10:12 AM. Topic has 5 replies and 6216 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Mar 6 2007 10:12 AM

    • archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950
    Die Text in Problem Reply

    Hi,

    When importing die information into APD using the die text in wizard, it automatically assigns an incremental subscript to the net name, when i have more than one pad with the same net name.. e.g if i have a number of VSS1 pins it changes them to VSS1_1, VSS1_2, etc.  It only does this with some nets (not all) and i'm not sure what is causing it... can anyone help?

    Thanks in advance


    Gaz


    Originally posted in cdnusers.org by Gaz
    • Post Points: 0
  • Tue, Mar 6 2007 10:22 AM

    • archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950
    RE: Die Text in Problem Reply

    Do some of the imported nets exist as both upper and lower case? (vss2 and VSS2)

    -b


    Originally posted in cdnusers.org by BillAcito
    • Post Points: 0
  • Wed, Mar 7 2007 1:37 AM

    • archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950
    RE: Die Text in Problem Reply

    Hi,

    No, they all exist as uppercase only. One other factor is that the BGA (which has been created before the die import) already has the correct net allocation, so the nets already exist in APD before the import. Out of several supplies only one is affected by this problem, and i'm confused as to why?

    Thanks for your help.

    Gaz


    Originally posted in cdnusers.org by Gaz
    • Post Points: 0
  • Wed, Mar 7 2007 2:06 AM

    • archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950
    RE: Die Text in Problem Reply

    Hi,

    Actually on double checking i found that the nets existed in the database in lower case as well, removing this has solved the problem.

    Thanks for the tip.

    Gaz


    Originally posted in cdnusers.org by Gaz
    • Post Points: 0
  • Wed, Mar 7 2007 7:55 AM

    • archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950
    RE: Die Text in Problem Reply

    Great. Glad I could help, Gaz.

    Also, here is another option: I think the following env variable

    set textwiz_ignore_net_name_case = 1

    will get the DIE and BGA text-in tools to ignore case, so you don't have to edit your files. This variable is hidden (not in user preferences) because of the obvious impact. As you know, in the PCB/Packaging space, nets names are case insensitive (why the tool was adding the _1). In the IC/DIE space, they [i]are [/i] case sensitive, so we made the import case sensitive as well (error on the side of caution).

    Regards,

    Bill


    Originally posted in cdnusers.org by BillAcito
    • Post Points: 0
  • Wed, Mar 7 2007 8:21 AM

    • archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950
    RE: Die Text in Problem Reply

    I should point out, this assumes 15.7 code. Not sure when the option was added.
    In the next release, "case-insensitive" is planned to be a netname option when you set up the columns in the text-in wizards, so the variable will no longer be needed.

    Bill


    Originally posted in cdnusers.org by BillAcito
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 06 Mar 2007 10:12 AM. Topic has 5 replies.