Home > Community > Forums > PCB SKILL > Looking for a working Concept Skill example that uses cnRequest calls

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Looking for a working Concept Skill example that uses cnRequest calls 

Last post Wed, Jan 25 2006 8:14 PM by archive. 1 replies.
Started by archive 25 Jan 2006 08:14 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1692 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jan 25 2006 8:14 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    Looking for a working Concept Skill example that uses cnRequest calls Reply

I'm hoping someone expert in Concept Skill can provide simple examples of working code that uses cnRequestMousePress, cnRequestString and cnRequestUserInput. Simpler the better ... I'm looking for examples I can use as templates for implementing these user calls in various routines I am developing.

I will share the finished results back to the forum.
    Thanks in advance.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by AshCan
    • Post Points: 0
  • Fri, Jan 27 2006 2:49 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Looking for a working Concept Skill example that uses cnRequest calls Reply

I figured it out.
    As promised I have attached a zip file containing an example ConceptHDL Skill routine to this string. The zip file contains everything you need to implement the Skill routine.

This routine defines a Concept command called roomprop. When the command is executed the user is prompted for a value of a ROOM property that is to be attached to each component instance on the current schematic page. The user enters a string. The properties are added to the component bodies.

The routine is intentionally simple. It's main purpose is to provide a clear and well explained example who how to create and implement a Concept Skill program.

To implement with CDS_SITE:

Place the files concepthdl.scr, concepthdl_cmd.txt and concepthdl_menu.txt at $CDS_SITE/cdssetup/concept.
    Place the files roomprop.il, roompropStartup.il, and stdAccess.il, at $CDS_SITE/cdssetup/fet/skill/context.
    Start ConceptHDL and observe that there is a new tab on the menu called Custom Skill. RMB on that tab and note there is exactly one selection "Add Room Properties". Click this and follow the command instructions in the ConceptHDL console.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by AshCan
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 25 Jan 2006 08:14 PM. Topic has 1 replies.