Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > "Enable to complete ECO because of 0 errors"

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

"Enable to complete ECO because of 0 errors" 

Last post Tue, Feb 5 2008 9:48 AM by archive. 1 replies.
Started by archive 05 Feb 2008 09:48 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 916 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Feb 5 2008 9:48 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    "Enable to complete ECO because of 0 errors" Reply

This is an odd duck for sure. Yes, I'm on an ancient system (Capture/Layout 10.3) because I'm resurrecting an ancient design and IT is searching for the licenses for our v15 BUT. The process was to take the old .MAX and delete all of the unused components but keep those that are located for mechanical reasons. Then I created a library of footprints and saved the results as a .TCH file. Restart layout and make a new design, use the .TCH and .LLB files created above and the new netlist, and run autoECO. ECO fails with zero errors, the .ERR file shows: AutoECO Error Report FILE-A: X:\...\...\600-1006-02 REV X1.TCH FILE-B: X:\...\...\610-1006-02 REVA.MNL Unable to complete ECO due to errors 0 errors found ??? In addition to the MaxECO error dialog, there's a Layout dialog that says Extracting footprints that is 100% done. Perhaps a v15 run will correct this, but it sure seems strange that there isn't an error to fix!!! TIA

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by kimh
    • Post Points: 0
  • Wed, Feb 6 2008 6:10 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: "Enable to complete ECO because of 0 errors" Reply

Hi
    I would suggest you repost your question on the OrCAD forum. There are alot of people there with tons of experiance who might be able to help. http://www.orcad.com/forums/
    You can also contact your VAR they may be able to help also.
    Regards,
    BillZ
    EMA Design Automation

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by BillZ_EMA
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 05 Feb 2008 09:48 AM. Topic has 1 replies.