Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Footprint conversion from Pads layout 2005 spac2 to allegro ver 16

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Footprint conversion from Pads layout 2005 spac2 to allegro ver 16 

Last post Tue, Jan 29 2008 8:40 PM by archive. 1 replies.
Started by archive 29 Jan 2008 08:40 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1134 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Jan 29 2008 8:40 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,910
    Footprint conversion from Pads layout 2005 spac2 to allegro ver 16 Reply

Hi Folks, I am a novice to Allegro,i have many designs in Pads layout which i need to convert it allegro,which we could able to do. is there any way to convert only the footprints from pads to allegro without loosing any details whatsoever? Regards, Ramesh

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by rame
    • Post Points: 0
  • Fri, Feb 1 2008 9:50 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,910
    RE: Footprint conversion from Pads layout 2005 spac2 to allegro ver 16 Reply

You can Import PADS ASC (ASCII) Files directly into Allegro using File > Import > Pads.. which will build a library on the fly based on the components used in the PADS design. The output is an Allegro .brd file that the libraries can be extracted. I have used the translator many times in the past with good results but the footprints and padstacks always needed to be tweaked on the Allegro side. No translator is perfect but it certainly is much easier than loading Gerber files or spending money on other tools.

I would certainly try and run the PADS ASC file thru the Allegro translator but just one thing to note is that you will have problems translating designs completed on the later releases of PADS, I would still give it a try.

Hope this helps,
    Mike Catrambone
    UTStarcom, Inc.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by mcatramb91
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 29 Jan 2008 08:40 PM. Topic has 1 replies.