OrCAD® Layout to Allegro® Allegro PCB Editor Translator
PCB designs created in any version of OrCAD® Layout may be converted to Allegro® PCB Editor designs using the File - Import - OrCAD Layout (orcad_in command). The translator converts designs (.max files) created in Layout to design databases (.brd files) that can be read by Allegro PCB Editor. The Layout.max file contains all footprint information.
Do the following to translate designs from Layout to Allegro PCB Editor:
1. Create a catalog of the library using the Layout Catalog tool and generate .max files. Layout libraries contain TOP, BOTTOM, PLANE, and INNER layers. The rest of the layers are documentation layers.
2. Convert the .max files into Allegro PCB Editor (.brd) files using the Allegro Allegro PCB Editor File - Import - OrCAD Layout (orcad_in command). The .max file the Catalog tool creates also contains these four layers and the rest of the layers are documentation layers.
3. Delete PLANE and IS2 layers using Setup - Cross-section.
4. Create the flash and shape symbols if you wish to update the same for the padstacks of your design. Otherwise, run DBDoctor.
5. Update padstacks with Tools - Padstack - Modify Design Padstack.
6. Run the DB Doctor program on the design.
7. Export all the symbols from your .brd file using File - Export - Libraries.Originally posted in cdnusers.org by rgauldin