Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Watermark in Printed Circuit boards

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Watermark in Printed Circuit boards 

Last post Thu, Aug 2 2007 10:34 AM by archive. 2 replies.
Started by archive 02 Aug 2007 10:34 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 833 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Aug 2 2007 10:34 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    Watermark in Printed Circuit boards Reply

Hi Everyone, Can anyone explain me the technology and purpose of using Watermark in Printed Circuit boards. How it will be done in PCB's? thanks in advance and any inputs are really appreciated. Regards, Sathish

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by Sathish
    • Post Points: 0
  • Mon, Aug 13 2007 9:13 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Watermark in Printed Circuit boards Reply

An automation system that can detect and read digital watermarks in order to facilitate control of automation equipment such as pick and place machines or material handling robots. An image containing a digital watermark is printed on (or otherwise attached to) an item. The item can be a part such as an electronic component or it may be some other type of object. The image containing the digital watermark is printed or attached to the item at a particular location on the item and with a pre-determined orientation relative to the item. A machine vision system (i.e. a camera) is used to acquire a digital image of the item including an electronic version of the printed image that is attached to the item. The digital watermark can include an orientation or grid signal and a data payload signal. The grid signal can be used to determine the orientation and location of the image, and hence, the orientation and location of the item. The data payload can be used to Garry any desired digital data. The ability to detect and read digital watermarks gives an automation system advantages over prior automation systems.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by taunis
  • Wed, Aug 22 2007 1:47 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Watermark in Printed Circuit boards Reply

Hello,

I am looking at different methods for watermarking printed circuit boards.

I came to know a few technologies like RFID, Legend Printing, Laser watermarking.

The two important factors that I am looking for: is possible to find if the board if being counterfeited or not and also to be able to find out the source of leak.

It will be great if any one can help me with this.

Thank you.

Swetha

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by swetha
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 02 Aug 2007 10:34 AM. Topic has 2 replies.