Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > NC Legend

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

NC Legend 

Last post Fri, Jul 13 2007 7:52 AM by archive. 4 replies.
Started by archive 13 Jul 2007 07:52 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 784 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Jul 13 2007 7:52 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    NC Legend Reply

Hi All Does anyone know how to change the tolerance '+0.00/-0.00' to text 'SEE BELOW' or something, if the tolerance is 0 in the pad and only display the tolerance if set. Cheers.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by roger.green@alspcb
    • Post Points: 0
  • Mon, Jul 16 2007 7:01 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: NC Legend Reply

you can change it in MANUFACTURE > NC > DRILL CUSTOMIZATION.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by KenM
  • Mon, Jul 16 2007 8:34 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

Thanks for your reply, it's not quite what I was after. What I was trying to say, but I don't think that I explained it very well, is if you are using the tolerance in the .dlt file but is comes out with +0/-0 then I would like it to say something other than +0/-0 i.e. See Below.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by roger.green@alspcb
  • Mon, Jul 16 2007 9:30 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

I sort of see what you are trying to do but as far as I can tell there is no mechanism to do what you are asking.

You can make the tolerance field a USER Defined field, which would force you to specify the tolerance for ever hole size used on the design inside of the default-mil.dlt file, I would not recommend this but it was worth mentioning.

The first suggestion to use MANUFACTURE > NC > DRILL CUSTOMIZATION is the easiest and best way to go and you can change all the tolerances that are +0/-0 to your default tolerance. The other added benefit in using the Drill Customization is the tolerances defined in the database will be added to the NCdrill files generated out of Allegro so there is no confusion or conflicting information between the NCdrill data and the NCdrill Legend on your documentation.

I guess a good enhancement request would be "Any Padstack with a tolerance defined as +0/-0 should be replaced with a default tolerance specified in the Allegro .brd database" or "The ability to globally replace all the hole sizes with a tolerance of +0/-0 inside of NC Drill Customization with a default tolerance" - Currently the Drill Customization global change applies an updated tolerance across all hole sizes regardless of what they are defined in the library.

Hope this helps,
    Mike Catrambone
    UTStarcom, Inc.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by mcatramb91
  • Wed, Dec 5 2007 11:22 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

create a custom padstack. for specific holes with "see text below" create another copy of a 10mil drill and rename it using a 10.01mil drill.

Modify your drill table file. Located in your share folder. cadence folder\share\pcb\text\nclegend\default-*.dlt. When you generate nclegend the gui points to this file.

open default-mil if your using mils using notepad, make your mods and save in the same folder. create a backup zip just incase it breaks.

heres my example:

(make__ncTemplate_struct
    ?Name "custom DRILL CHART by Oscar Miguelino"
    ?Title "DRILL CHART"
    ?Units "mils"
    ?TitleHeight 250
    ?TitleTextBlock 9
    ?ColumnTitleTextBlock 8
    ?DataTextBlock 8
    ?PlatingOrder "PlatedFirst"
    ?ColumnDefinitions '(
    ("Figure" "FIGURE" 7)
    ("User" "SIZE" 13)
    ("User" "TOLERANCE" 14)
    ("PlateStatus" "PLATED" 10)
    ("Quantity" "QTY" 6))

?CustomData '(
    ( 10.01 "PLATED" "0.010" "+0.0/-0.0 SEE TEXT BELOW" PLATED) ( 10 "NON-PLATED" "0.010" "+/-.003" )
    ( 11.01 "PLATED" "0.011" "+0.0/-0.0 SEE TEXT BELOW" PLATED) ( 11 "NON-PLATED" "0.011" "+/-.003" )
    ))

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by oscar@oqo.com
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 13 Jul 2007 07:52 AM. Topic has 4 replies.