Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Elctrical Constraints

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Elctrical Constraints 

Last post Fri, May 11 2007 10:30 PM by archive. 1 replies.
Started by archive 11 May 2007 10:30 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 574 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, May 11 2007 10:30 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    Elctrical Constraints Reply

Hi Everybody,

Can somebody tell me about the difference between Elecrical constraint and physical constraint sets I am able to use the physical constraint sets but i am unable to use Elictrical constriant set PLZ tell me how to utilize it.

Regards,

N Raghuram

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by visiontek
    • Post Points: 0
  • Mon, May 14 2007 9:51 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Elctrical Constraints Reply

I believe in order to use any type of Electrical Constraints you need a higher tier tool and maybe that is why you are not able to define Electrical Constraints Sets. The Electrical Constraint and Physical Constraint Sets sort of work the same way with the only difference being the Electrical Constraint Sets are used to apply electrical based rules like Propagation and Relative Propagation Delay to a group of nets. An even higher level of net control is the use of Extended Nets or XNets which is formed by multiple Nets which are connected from IC Pin to IC Pin looking thru discrete components. Once these XNets are formed you can defined Electrical Constraint Sets (Topologies) which drive electrical rules for IC Pin to IC Pin.

One thing to note, Cadence has slowly migrated this type of Constraint Set Management into Constraint Manager and in version 16.0 the Constraints System Master that you currently use to enter Physical and Spacing rules (Setup > Constraints) has been migrated into Constraint Manager as well so I would strongly suggest familiar with doing things inside of Constraint Manager.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by mcatramb91
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 11 May 2007 10:30 PM. Topic has 1 replies.