Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Dimension

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Dimension 

Last post Thu, Apr 26 2007 1:53 AM by archive. 6 replies.
Started by archive 26 Apr 2007 01:53 AM. Topic has 6 replies and 876 views
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Apr 26 2007 1:53 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    Dimension Reply

Hi, I am using Allegro performance 15.5.1. When I use Dimension Datum for dimensions and close it half way, and I am trying again for Dimension Datum, it takes that point where I am clicking as (0,0) but not the exact dimension. Can I get a solution for this?? Thanks in advance. regards, Pavan.M

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by pavan_m_33
    • Post Points: 0
  • Thu, Apr 26 2007 2:09 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Dimension Reply

When you are in "dimension datum" command mode, you need to work with either X or Y (instead of "Both") in the "Dimension axis" ( which can be found on the control window) for drafting the length or height of the board.

Regards,
    Kishore

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by kishore
  • Thu, Apr 26 2007 2:21 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

I guess I will make my problem much clear...

When I am using this command for first time selecting (0,0) and start drawing and finally select 'Done'.
    Again I select this command and click at any other location like (100,100), it stats from (0,0) again for the same drawing.

This thing happens only once in a while..

regards,
    Pavan.M

• Thu, Apr 26 2007 3:34 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

Okay, there appears to be a bug in the Datum Dim feature. The reason why it resets is due to an error “E- Error -2608 in interactive command”. This error occurs because the last command was completed whilst the “Dimension Axis” is the minstatus “Options” form was set to “Both”.

For the Datum Dim function to work correctly always use it in the following manner. Select “Both” for the “Dimension Axis” ONLY for the initial Datum. Immediately after setting the Datum change the “Dimension Axis” to either X or Y before completing the dimension command. Never complete the command with the “Dimension Axis” set to “Both”. If you work this way it always works.

Hope this helps.

KP

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by kp
  • Thu, Apr 26 2007 6:58 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

In order for Datum Dimensioning to work correctly you will need to first fully define you 0,0 Datum. In other words, you must set your Dimenison Axis to BOTH, select your 0,0 point and location your X datum dimension and your Y datum dimension. This is very important because if you modify / delete / change anything that are part of these data dimensions it will lose its 0,0 Datum point. Once it is defined you can go in an out of the Datum dimension command and change the Dimension Axis set to X , Y or Both and it will retain the 0,0.

I don't see the error that KP seeing at all. I am been using datum dimensions for a long time and never experiences any issues.
    I have seen the 0,0 reset but it was because I generated Datum Dimensions on a different subclass the previous but I cannot see to recreate it anymore either.

Hope this helps,
    Michael Catrambone
    UTStarcom, Inc.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by mcatramb91
  • Thu, Apr 26 2007 8:03 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

I checked the problem out to a version 15.5.1 that we had on the server 15.5.1 s072. The datum dim works perfectly well on our 15.7 release. I do not remember this issue on other releases? I do not know it this is a patch thing but certainly the current 15.7 and certainly many of the previous releases the Datum Dim works perfectly well.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by kp
  • Thu, Apr 26 2007 9:51 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930

Thanks kp, your solution is doing good...

regards,
    Pavan.M

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 26 Apr 2007 01:53 AM. Topic has 6 replies.