Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Configuration Management

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Configuration Management 

Last post Thu, Apr 19 2007 4:29 PM by archive. 3 replies.
Started by archive 19 Apr 2007 04:29 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 1544 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Apr 19 2007 4:29 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950
    Configuration Management Reply

Is anyone out there using configuration management software and if so, what are you using. We are looking for an Allegro PCB and Allegro HDL solution. We are aware of the Allegro Design Workbench, but are also looking at other options.
    thanks,
    Lynn

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by lisaacso
    • Post Points: 0
  • Thu, Apr 19 2007 4:45 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950
    RE: Configuration Management Reply

Depends on what you are looking for, but check out PTC and Windchill.

I am working with several accounts that use ECAD solution and Pro/Engineer Wildfire.

Andreas
    -----------------------------------------
    Senior Applications Engineer - PTC

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by andyk
  • Thu, Apr 19 2007 4:55 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950

You will undoubtedly be flooded with opinions on this subject. There are a number of solutions, over varying complexities and capabilities, from a variety of vendors, including Cadence.

Our company has engaged with Agile for our PLM solution. As part of the second phase of the PLM implementation, we completed an integration effort between our Cadence tools and Agile. This integration was recently introduced to our users and the initial feedback has been quite positive. There are a lot of details to this, too many to share in an email. If you would like to discuss our approach, I'll be happy to discuss this over the phone.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by cdavies
  • Thu, Apr 19 2007 5:11 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950

I have been working with Charlie in the past, prior to my PTC life and he is correct.

You will get plenty of opinions. Some of them will be based on very old information and some of them will be very positive and then there are the negative ones too.

You need to understand your own internal processes first before you engage in this kind of topic. PLM vendors will tell you they can do anything, but then when it comes down to it will take a long time to implement and the cost will go up (i.e MatrixOne and Agile). PTC used to be this way in the past. I used to be a customer for PTC and Cadence before I got the opportunity to join PTC. Back then we looked at all PLM solutions and PTC's Windchill was the winner, however it was time for me to move on to better things.

Give me a call if you like to get in touch with customers that use Windchill with Cadence.

Keep your options open and look for the smoking mirrors when other PLM vendors tell you they can do it....

Andreas - 770 225 0405

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by andyk
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 19 Apr 2007 04:29 PM. Topic has 3 replies.