Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Is it a bug in 15.5?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Is it a bug in 15.5? 

Last post Thu, Nov 30 2006 1:15 AM by archive. 2 replies.
Started by archive 30 Nov 2006 01:15 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 615 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Nov 30 2006 1:15 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    Is it a bug in 15.5? Reply

Give me a hand , 

I have been drived mad.

Every time I set "setup -> user reference -> file_management -> ads_sdart"-textbox a value that consists of several charactors(ex: "artworks"-only chars i quote), and I clicked the apply buttom, the relavnt env file(located in "HOME_path\pcbenv" whch is a system level path) can not actually change the ads_sdart path to the one I set in the textbox. Always, some quote sign was added as suffix and prefix and a vital "space char" closely in head of the text typed in the textbox.

After all, I believe 15.5 cannot actually accuratly handle with any varibles whose values are Char type. In that not only this path variable suffered this sorry problem. many varibales met this.

Any one can give a certain answer about this?

Any one familliar with this variable should be very pleased to apply it in 15.2, in order that we could easily collect files prepared for PCB fabricators.

Or is there anyone who can give me as good a way as in 15.2 to collect these files convenietly?
    whatever to modify the root env file,regardless of the playful UI user reference setup?

thanks a million~!!

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by tfsummer
    • Post Points: 0
  • Fri, Dec 1 2006 7:06 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Is it a bug in 15.5? Reply

Yeah I just tested this and got this result when I started mine was blank as we have a post processing program which takes care generating and gathering up all the manufacturing files then bundling them. Anyway the first value I enter into it added it to the env file in my pcbenv directory. When I attempted to change it though "setup -> user reference -> file_management -> ads_sdart"-textbox it would not chage the env file in the pcbenv. However I was able to change it by using a text editor on the env file and that change was recognized by allegro upon relaunching allegro. Then I was able to get "setup -> user reference -> file_management -> ads_sdart"-textbox to accept the changes made in it everytime. This is strange behaviour and I believe you should be filee as bug with Cadence on sourcelink.

Hope this helps
    Carl

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by CTMusetti
  • Sat, Dec 2 2006 5:25 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Is it a bug in 15.5? Reply

Thanks Carl, a nice guy,
    I believe you have helped to turn off my "mad" status LED.
    It seems that, Notepad , which we both applied to correct the env file after we found the "bug", is not a perfect solution.
    Midification manually env file would always be corrupted again every time a lunched the setup -> user reference and clicked "apply" buttom:( May be the bug plays more playfully in my machine:)
    So as a sensient man currently, I decided to uninstall my 15.5 and reinstall my 15.2.
    Whatever, thanks very much to your help, really .
    BTW,I am not a member of sourcelink, so you might help me to file the bug:)

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by tfsummer
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 30 Nov 2006 01:15 AM. Topic has 2 replies.