Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > maggic via

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

maggic via 

Last post Fri, Oct 20 2006 12:33 AM by archive. 0 replies.
Started by archive 20 Oct 2006 12:33 AM. Topic has 0 replies and 426 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Oct 20 2006 12:33 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    maggic via Reply

Hi guys,

There is a old question. The answer might be quite simple, but it has confused me a long time.
    Please give show me the light of hope.

The assumption is: there is a board, whose layer 3 is a negative plane(net GND),and there is a via(Net gnd).Now I need that via connect two pins placed at Top and Bottom,but it cannot be connected with the GND layer3.

Methord1
    If i defined a circle that is bigger than the drilled hole as the thermal-relief of a pad,(Abti-pad is also defined),then in the step of Artwork Generation,The warning would likely be" no Thermal-relief,regular pad instead",but the occurrence of the pad mey be different from other normal pad(flash as thermal-relief and anti-pad),as shown in CAM software.The size of the pad would be the regular pad,obviously bigger than the hole. Now my question is:Would The via connect with the layer3?If the warning pad(regular pad) was plot away,then the result is NO;Otherwise, The answer must be Yes,right?

Methord2
    if i define a Flash whose Outer-diameter is even smaller than the Hole,then in the step of artwork generation,there would propablily no warnings companied with.then when the flash was plot away,the pad would full-connect with the layer3.Is the conclusion rihgt?

Thanks a million

Kobe NCUT

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by tfsummer
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 20 Oct 2006 12:33 AM. Topic has 0 replies.