Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Packager XL Error

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Packager XL Error 

Last post Mon, Jul 3 2006 8:07 PM by archive. 2 replies.
Started by archive 03 Jul 2006 08:07 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 620 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Jul 3 2006 8:07 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    Packager XL Error Reply

Hi guys! Al here again. I encountered this error while packaging my schematic entry to generate the board layout. I just connected some 3 or 4 I/O pins of the FPGA to a D flip flop ACT 574 just to see the what the footprint of the FPGA is. Apparently I got this error. Do I need to connect all pins of the FPGA? How about power and ground pins? Thanks in advance. Ü

* Packaging *

#1 ERROR(5): Pin 'P002' on primitive instance '@PROJECT_LIB.DESIGN(SCH_1):PA~

GE1_I3@PCB_LIB.XC4013(CHIPS)' cannot be packaged in package of type 'XC4013_PQ~

208'.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by acbalbason
    • Post Points: 0
  • Mon, Jul 3 2006 11:31 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Packager XL Error Reply

Al

This type of error normally occurs when the symbol has a pin called p002 but this pin is not found in the packaging information for the part (chips.prt file) - a particular part may have more than one primitive (say DIP or SOIC or PLCC) which has different logical to physical pin mapping - so the pin P002 may exist in the DIP primitive but not the PLCC primitive. Check that the right version of the symbol is used for the primitive needed.

You don't need to connect all the pins - power and ground pins can either be explicit (defined on the symbol) or implicit (hidden and only defined in the chips.prt file using the POWER_PINS property. Again Power and GND pins do not all need to be connected.

The first place to look at here is the version of symbol used - you can have different versions of the same symbol which have different pins - if one version is missing a pin and you try to package into a particular primitive you will get this error.

Andy

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by andrewjw
  • Tue, Jul 4 2006 12:08 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Packager XL Error Reply

Thanks Andy! That was a lot. So how do I actually resolve this? How can I exactly know the version of the symbol for the primitive needed? An earlier problem that I encountered was, my Allegro installation was missing components. My standard library was missing passive components such as resistors and capacitors. I only had borders and power pins. What I did was i extracted some schematic entry files from the Allegro tutorials and added it under my standard library. If you can refer to my previous post, it was the first time I encountered that problem.

Al

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by acbalbason
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 03 Jul 2006 08:07 PM. Topic has 2 replies.