Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > REUSE MODULE

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

REUSE MODULE 

Last post Mon, May 22 2006 3:56 PM by archive. 2 replies.
Started by archive 22 May 2006 03:56 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 687 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, May 22 2006 3:56 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    REUSE MODULE Reply

Hi forum!

I have use a module in my design. The module is getting into the design OK. But I am having a problem with big diamond shapes are appeared on the design every time I move or reroute the traces. There are nothing to indicate what kind of the problems that is. Have any body in the forum seen this? Please, help. Thank you and have a great day.

DDT 

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by Daniel_Alcon
    • Post Points: 0
  • Mon, May 22 2006 4:20 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: REUSE MODULE Reply

I've seen this where the cline on one side of the diamond has the "FIXED" property and the cline on the other side doesn't. The diamond is showing you that what appears to be a single cline is actual multiple clines.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by Randy R.
  • Mon, May 22 2006 11:34 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: REUSE MODULE Reply

Hi,

This diamond mark is referred to as a "connect point" or "cpoint". The displayed size of this connect point is controlled by the "Connect point size" field in the Drawing Options >Display Tab

There is no "influence" of the design other than marking where a FIXED cline segment joins a cline segment that does not have the FIXED property. This is a feature of the fixed segment which lets the user know where clines join that have differing FIXED property values.

To remove them you must first remove the fixed property from nets and clines. Then you want to simply pick up all the etch on all layers and then place it down in the same x,y location. This is done using edit-move with the find filter set to clines and vias. Select all the etch by window. Use 0,0 as the pick origin and then use 0,0 as the destination.

This procedure may still not work. If there are "groups" in the design, you will have to remove these also before performing the above procedure. Once the diamonds are gone you will be able to slide the etch as a single cline segment.

regards

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by andrewjw
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 22 May 2006 03:56 PM. Topic has 2 replies.