Posted By firstname.lastname@example.org on 3/23/2006 11:00 AM
I have had this problem before we put our stackups
in the board symbol and it created the same problem had to go back to
the board symbol delte them then recreate the bsm and update that
symbol in allegro. Your problem maybe this or some package symbol.
Yeah, we figured it out. There was an old .bsm in the board. Even though there was no features on the layers, simply having the layers defined in the .bsm was enough to cause the problem.
I discovered this by refreshing all the parts and then doing a library dump. I had to open each .psm/.bsm to see what each symbol was made of (luckily, I started with the suspect symbols and found the culprit after a few).
I find it odd that I'd get two different error messages for two different layers when there was really only one problem.
Thanks for your help.
Originally posted in cdnusers.org by dgstan