Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > How to interface assura tool with virtuoso layout editor

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to interface assura tool with virtuoso layout editor 

Last post Fri, May 30 2008 8:09 AM by archive. 3 replies.
Started by archive 30 May 2008 08:09 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 4614 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, May 30 2008 8:09 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950
    How to interface assura tool with virtuoso layout editor Reply

Hi ,
    1. I am able to run drc on command promt with assura , it is genarated some errors .
    the problem is how to view these errors in layout .i don't have any asura icon to load those errors .

2. how to create assura icon in layout window ? for running drc lvs on GUI mode .

Regards ,
    Rajashekar.S

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by suraonline2003
    • Post Points: 0
  • Thu, Jun 5 2008 1:01 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950
    RE: How to interface assura tool with virtuoso layout editor Reply

I am having the same problem.

I am trying to streamline DRC by running it command line from a custom SKILL script, however the closest to the ELW window I can get is parsing out the DRC errors and viewing them in a file with view().

It all comes down to the _vuiLViewLayout() SKILL function that is the Assura Open Run gui. You need to run DRC, then call the SKILL function that the _vuiLViewLayout() gui calls and the ELW will open.

If you can find out the(if any) steps _vuiLViewLayout() takes before opening the gui, and the function that _vuiLViewLayout() calls when the OK button is pressed and what paramaters that function is expecting, then you can open the ELW on your own without having the user enter the path and file name.

I believe the function that the _vuiLViewLayout() gui calls is _vuiLViewLayoutCB(t).

Hope this helps and I will post more info as I find it as I'm sure you will do the same.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by ahamlett
  • Thu, Jun 5 2008 4:13 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950

I figured it out!

To open the ELW run the function _vuiLViewLayoutCB(t) with a global variable vuiLOpenForm pointing to a symbol.
    The _vuiLViewLayout() function creates a form accessable via vuiLOpenForm and the _vuiLViewLayoutCB(t) function uses that global form to retreive the run directory and cell name to open.

For instance, if you want to open a DRC run with the ELW that is in "/home/ahamlett/drc" with a cell name of "scratch" then use this code:

; setup the vuiLOpenForm symbol vuiLOpenForm = 'customDRC vuiLOpenForm->dataName = 'dataName vuiLOpenForm->runDir = 'runDir vuiLOpenForm->dataName->value = "scratch" vuiLOpenForm->runDir->value = "/home/ahamlett/drc" ; open the ELW _vuiLViewLayoutCB(t) Now we can create custom Assura runs that save time!

• Thu, Jun 19 2008 10:53 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950

After opening the ELW with _vuiLViewLayoutCB(t) don't forget to set vuiLOpenForm to nil so the Open Run GUI will not crash.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 30 May 2008 08:09 AM. Topic has 3 replies.