Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > probing / selecting multiple nets through hierarchy

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

probing / selecting multiple nets through hierarchy 

Last post Wed, Jan 9 2008 8:50 AM by archive. 0 replies.
Started by archive 09 Jan 2008 08:50 AM. Topic has 0 replies and 1264 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jan 9 2008 8:50 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,950
    probing / selecting multiple nets through hierarchy Reply

I am trying to create a skill script which allows the user to probe a nets through the hierarchy of a schematic.  I would like it to be almost exactly similar to the ADE function: Outputs / To Be Saved  / Select on Schematic (and return a list of the probe).  However I can't figure out how to do this.

asiSelectNet() does almost exactly what I want, but it only allows me to select one net, not multiple.  I have tried using its callback from the field it updates to retrigger itself, but this causes problems (blocking?).

geProbeAddNet() has two problems.  I can't descend and maintain the enterfunction (descending destroys the probing... descending apparently isn't nestable).  The other problem is that I can't do this in a multiple net select fashion.

I have even tried using the ADE's function: sevChangeOutsOnSchematic('sevSession1 'save), clearing the ADE outputs before running this function, and trying to grab the outputs after.  However, it is non-blocking and there are to my knowledge no public triggers to run off of.

I suspect the answer lies in the Cadence private functions: astiStartSelect and astiCancelSelect, but I can't get the astiStartSelect arguments right to make it work.

Suggestions, anyone?

Thanks,

Matt.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by Matt VD
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 09 Jan 2008 08:50 AM. Topic has 0 replies.