Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Find Instances That Used a Design Variable

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Find Instances That Used a Design Variable 

Last post Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:23 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by archive 30 Jul 2007 05:18 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 1593 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Jul 30 2007 5:18 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    Find Instances That Used a Design Variable Reply

Hello,
    I've been trying get a list of instances that used a design variable in a design via a SKILL script. It is like the "Variable -> Find" command in an Analog Artist, but it search for only one instance. If possible I would like to get a list of instances.

I know how to get a list of design variables used in a design,
    asiGetDesignVarList( session )

Is there a direct command or a script to get a list of instances that used a design variable in a design?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Gilbert

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by gilbertd3
    • Post Points: 0
  • Mon, Jul 30 2007 10:29 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Find Instances That Used a Design Variable Reply

Gilbert,

I was just looking up how I'd done this in some code I wrote last year to do this - but it turns out there was no direct function, and I was using some private SKILL function to do it. Please contact Cadence Customer Support, to ask for an enhancement for a public function to retrieve this information.

Otherwise, you'd have to visit all the instances in the design, looking at the CDF properties on each instance, and then using the ael.* functions to parse any expressions to pull out any variables found.

Regards,

Andrew.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by adbeckett
    • Post Points: 20
  • Sat, Dec 15 2012 12:59 AM

• AMALAYER
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 15 2012
    • Pasig, Philippines
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Re: RE: Find Instances That Used a Design Variable Reply

Hello,

I have project about migrating our simulation tools from IC5141 to IC6.1. I have problem on extraction of design variable from schematic.

In IC5141, we can extract the design variable list using the the following command:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

simulator('spectreS)

design(LIB CELL VIEW)

session = asiGetCurrentSession()

lstDesignVariable = asiGetDesignVarList(session)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know socket simulation is no longer supported in IC6.1 but when i changed the simulator to 'spectre.

The return of asiGetDesignVarList is always nil.

I found the hidden file of design variable from netlistDir() but our tools used many schematic and it's inconvinience to user if everytime he/she input the schematic temporary netlist is created. This idea is not a good idea.

Is there anyone know what the SKILL command for extracting design variable in IC6.1?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

AMALAYER

• Post Points: 20
  • Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:23 AM

Re: RE: Find Instances That Used a Design Variable Reply

Amalayer,

That would work if there were design variables defined for the cell (i.e. if the "Copy to cellView" has been used in ADE). I don't think that's any different between spectre and spectreS.

There's also artGetCellViewDesignVarList(cvId) which will tell you the saved design variables (actually stored on the cell's property bag).

The functions for finding and searching for design variables down the hierarchy are unfortunately private SKILL functions, so I won't "out" them here... (because they'd be liable to change, and I don't want your code to break if we change or remove the functions, which is why they're private).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 30 Jul 2007 05:18 PM. Topic has 3 replies.