Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > "On the fly" Diva drc file generation using Skill

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

"On the fly" Diva drc file generation using Skill 

Last post Thu, Apr 26 2007 1:15 PM by archive. 0 replies.
Started by archive 26 Apr 2007 01:15 PM. Topic has 0 replies and 1199 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Apr 26 2007 1:15 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    "On the fly" Diva drc file generation using Skill Reply

I created a node plot generator using Diva DRC to "extract" the nets, and Skill to convert the DRC markers back to the real layers. My "problem" is in generating the Diva DRC rules file. My current work-a-round is to call a csh script, with the list of net names as comand line options. The script starts off with a general rule header, then adds to that the netname specific section for each net (using vim to do a search-and-replace), and finishing by adding the final portion of the rule file. It works, but ONLY if icfb is launched as a foreground process. As a background process (icfb &), the csh script hangs. My question is, how can I get Skill to do the same thing my csh script does now? IN SKILL: Comand = "/users/mlewis/bin/shownet_files/shownet.csh" Full_Comand = cons( Comand ListOfNets ) Diva_Rules_File = buildString( Full_Comand " " ) csh( Diva_Rules_File ) IN CSH cat /users/mlewis/bin/shownet_files/shownet.rul.top > divaDRC.rul foreach i ($*) cat /users/mlewis/bin/shownet_files/shownet.rul.mid >> divaDRC.rul echo ":g/NETNAME/s/NETNAME/"$i"/g" > temp_file echo ":wq" >> temp_file vim -s temp_file divaDRC.rul rm temp_file end cat /users/mlewis/bin/shownet_files/shownet.rul.bot >> divaDRC.rul Thank you Michael

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by cmosmike
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 26 Apr 2007 01:15 PM. Topic has 0 replies.