Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > For Library settings using CDF and SKILL

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

For Library settings using CDF and SKILL 

Last post Mon, Sep 25 2006 6:29 PM by archive. 1 replies.
Started by archive 25 Sep 2006 06:29 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1736 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Sep 25 2006 6:29 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    For Library settings using CDF and SKILL Reply

Hi,

I am trying to evaluate instance parameters from process parameters to make my Library more user friendly. I did it thorugh CDF Edit options and some Skill functions directly, instead of writing seperate functions. I used 'Base' options for setting the library properties. Now when I was checking where these changes will be tied to the library, I have no clue of how the changes are attached to the library. Where this information in stored in the environment??

Similarly If I place ".il" files inside the library folders will they be loaded immediately after loading the actual library. I want to do it for loading Callback functions related to Library.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by gunturikishore28
    • Post Points: 0
  • Tue, Oct 3 2006 6:20 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: For Library settings using CDF and SKILL Reply

CDF is stored as a property in either the library property bag (the prop.xx file at the root of ooa library), or as a property in the cell property bag (prop.xx within a cell directory), depending on whether it is library or cell CDF you're editing. You can see this by doing edit properties in the library manager (on the right mouse button menu, over the library or over the cell).

You can add .il files within a library, but the only files which get automatically loaded are the files "libInit.il" or "libInit.ils" (the
    first is in SKILL semantics, the second in SKILL++ semantics). The first time the library is accessed in a session causes the libInit.il (and/or the libInit.ils file) to get loaded - this in turn may choose to load additional SKILL code.

Hope that clears things up,

Regards,

Andrew.

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by adbeckett
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 25 Sep 2006 06:29 PM. Topic has 1 replies.