Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > After editing the schematic part, the symbols are not get updated in board?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

After editing the schematic part, the symbols are not get updated in board? 

Last post Sun, Jul 13 2014 8:27 PM by Dhamodharann. 3 replies.
Started by Dhamodharann 10 Jul 2014 11:32 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 494 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jul 10 2014 11:32 PM

• Dhamodharann
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 3 2012
    • Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,890
    After editing the schematic part, the symbols are not get updated in board? Reply

I had placed the component, then for the routing convenient the part pin has been swapped in schematic. After the swapping of pins i had updated the net list option. In that what option should i gave to board option.? In case i m try to update the net list means, net list fails The image is been below. Any solution for the problem occurs.

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Jul 11 2014 4:14 AM

• steve
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,201
    • Points 19,570
    Re: After editing the schematic part, the symbols are not get updated in board? Reply

If you have a board file already and you wish to import changes make sure that the import board is set to the original board. The rest are dependant on the license you have (Allegro, OrCAD etc).

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Jul 11 2014 5:12 AM

• Dhamodharann
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,890
    Re: After editing the schematic part, the symbols are not get updated in board? Reply
    Thank you steve for reply. Then your solution has been tried. But in that also same problem occurs. i had gave the input file as original board file and netlist get updated. But that time also error occurs. Another method of trying to import the logic on File-----> Import-----> logic----> That option is not get worked.
    • Post Points: 5
  • Sun, Jul 13 2014 8:27 PM

• Dhamodharann
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,890
    Steve i had done a mistake on import the logic on File-----> Import-----> logic----> . In this The directory has been target ed some other folder too. that make an problem.Now the schematic is get updated with the changed made in respective schematic is working.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Dhamodharann at 10 Jul 2014 11:32 PM. Topic has 3 replies.