Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > analyze_early_rail command details

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

analyze_early_rail command details 

Last post Fri, Jun 20 2014 1:35 AM by chris06. 0 replies.
Started by chris06 20 Jun 2014 01:35 AM. Topic has 0 replies and 1067 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Jun 20 2014 1:35 AM

• chris06
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 11 2014
    • Posts 4
    • Points 35
    analyze_early_rail command details Reply
    Hello,

I have a question regarding Encounter "analyze_early_rail" command. The informations reported in the log file are not really detailed.

- is there a way to have access to the source code of "analyze_early_rail" command?

- which sub-commands/tools are launched  by "analyze_early_rail" (vstorm2, merge_grid, ...)?

- which command/tool is used to construct the power rail db (PGDB directory) and which techno file is used as input? (Note: below are the first lines of the log, showing that the PGDB is in construction but no information about the command/tool used).

<CMD> analyze_early_rail -method static -type net_based -bias_voltage 1.100 -net_voltage 1.100 -volt_limit 0.99 -total_current 1 -pad_location_file DBS_ECO2.chris/pad_location_file_1.pp -display_IR -net vdd

Constructing power graph for P/G net vdd ...

Generating power rails ...

*** End power rail generation ***

I ask these questions because when I run the early IR-Drop analysis, the results seem quite optimistic and so I wanted to understand how the command works and how the power/ground RC network is extracted.

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards
    Chris
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by chris06 at 20 Jun 2014 01:35 AM. Topic has 0 replies.