Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Updating Pcell Parameters through script

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Updating Pcell Parameters through script 

Last post Tue, May 13 2014 4:11 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by harishgurram 10 May 2014 09:57 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 245 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sat, May 10 2014 9:57 PM

Updating Pcell Parameters through script Reply

Hi,

I am using PCells for my design. So I am setting some parameters for all the pcells.

Letus say I am using finger width as 10microns. and some others parameters( gate width, fingers, contacts..)

So When I am trying to modify these parameters using change properties form in GUI it is working fine.

But when I have tried to modify using script, the parameter values are setting as like in gui. The cell is not looking like the one which I had done using gui. and If i modify anything(any parameter) then these two are looking similar 

I am using the script like this say my pcell is pch_mac, I will select that and 

geGetSelSet()~>wf = "10"  ;(this is finger width)

geGetSelSet()~>nf  = "2" ;(this is fingers)

So my question is whether we have to say apply these parameters after setting all or is there anything like refreshing ?

I hope you understood my point.. 

• Post Points: 20
  • Sun, May 11 2014 2:37 PM

Re: Updating Pcell Parameters through script Reply

There are numerous similar questions in the forums. For example http://www.cadence.com/Community/forums/p/27540/1328025.aspx#1328025 . The key is that you need to call the CDF callbacks - because you have some parameters which are derived from others, and it's these which are controlling the pcell, not the values you're entering (at least this seems to most likely explanation to me).

The other post mentions what you need to search for. There is code mentioned in various places in this forum - either abInvokeCdfCallbacks.il or CCSinvokeCdfCallbacks.il . These will take care of calling the callbacks for you.

Kind Regards,

Andrew 

• Sun, May 11 2014 9:35 PM

• bvasu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 28 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

We are unable to find that code. Please share it ..Please

• Tue, May 13 2014 4:11 AM

See my response to your other post.

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by harishgurram at 10 May 2014 09:57 PM. Topic has 3 replies.