Home > Community > Forums > Functional Verification > How do I instantiate a UVM agent with a monitor, functional coverage and scoreboard in a legacy testbench

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How do I instantiate a UVM agent with a monitor, functional coverage and scoreboard in a legacy testbench 

Last post Fri, Apr 11 2014 3:15 PM by Rajat Mitra. 1 replies.
Started by Rajat Mitra 11 Apr 2014 03:14 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 196 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Apr 11 2014 3:14 PM

How do I instantiate a UVM agent with a monitor, functional coverage and scoreboard in a legacy testbench Reply

Hello all,

I have a traditional testbench that instantiates a Stimulus Generator and a DUT. Looks like this

//in module tb.v

module tb; 

driver i_driver(...);

dut i_dut(..); 

endmodule

The stimulus generation occurs within the driver.

I would like to add an UVM Environment with only a Monitor, Scoreboard and Functional Coverage to this testbench. I created a wrapper called "svid_packet_monitor" and instantiated that in the tb. 

module tb; 

driver i_driver(...);

dut i_dut(..);

svid_packet_mon_wrapper i_svid_packet_mon_wrapper();

endmodule 

I am new to the whole UVM thing and am not sure how the code inside the monitor wrapper should look like. I took a first stab at creating a package with the monitor and associated class items and  imported this inside the svid_packet_mon_wrapper. Then I created my_test inside the wrapper that extends uvm_test but I am not sure how to start this up. I am attaching the code for the monitor package and  the monitor wrapper( with questions inside the monitor_wrapper code ). Any help to put this together would be highly appreciated...

Best

Raj 

Filed under: ,
    • Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Apr 11 2014 3:15 PM

Re: How do I instantiate a UVM agent with a monitor, functional coverage and scoreboard in a legacy testbench Reply
    Sorry, I forgot to add the "package" file
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Rajat Mitra at 11 Apr 2014 03:14 PM. Topic has 1 replies.