Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Bulk connection of the mos

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Bulk connection of the mos  

Last post Wed, May 14 2014 10:37 AM by skillUser. 7 replies.
Started by Vaasu 10 Apr 2014 08:55 PM. Topic has 7 replies and 286 views
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Apr 10 2014 8:55 PM

• Vaasu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 9 2014
    • Hubli, Karnataka
    • Posts 6
    • Points 105
    Bulk connection of the mos Reply

Hi 

I'm working for rewriting the mos bulk connection but I'm not getting how to get only bulk connection information 

I tried this command geGetEditCellView()~>sigNames..By this I'm getting all pins info also

• Post Points: 20
  • Sat, Apr 19 2014 6:23 AM

• Vaasu
    • Not Ranked
    • Hubli, Karnataka
    • Posts 6
    • Points 105
    Rewriting the bulk connection if given mos Reply

Please can any one help me to do this code

"Code to detect PMOS and NMOS device in given schematic and change/overwrite bulk connection of PMOS to vdd! and NMOS to vss! "

Here I'm struck at getting wire information of bulk to source connected mos with respect to PMOS

• Post Points: 35
  • Sat, Apr 26 2014 9:30 AM

Re: Bulk connection of the mos Reply

I have no idea what you're asking here. What does "rewriting the mos bulk connection" mean? Please ask clearer questions, as otherwise it's likely the question will just get ignored if nobody can understand it (as has presumably happened here).

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
  • Sat, Apr 26 2014 9:40 AM

Re: Rewriting the bulk connection if given mos Reply

I've just found that  you had two separate posts - the second one provided slightly more information than the first. For a start, it showed that you're trying to do this for a schematic. So I merged the two threads.

It's not going to be that easy, because in the picture you showed, there's a wire connecting the bulk to the source. You'd have to find any wire segments which are overlapping the bulk pin, and delete them (probably the best way). Then add a short wire stub with a wire label (vdd! or vss!) to connect them. None of this is going to be that easy - and it's hard for me to explain precisely how to do that without writing the code for you (which I'm not going to do, because it would be quite a lot of work to do a comprehensive solution, especially when I know so little about what you are trying to do and may have misinterpreted it; plus I don't have the time). Also, you might have written most of this already - I don't know.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Mon, Apr 28 2014 12:05 PM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,567
    • Points 15,575

Hi Vaasu,

There is a Solution Article (Solution 11597774) which contains parts of the sort of code that I think you would need for this, it is here. While it is not an exact match for what you are talking about, it does contain code that works from an instance (you have specific instances in mind which you can find in a schematic) and looks at an instance terminal to see if it is overlapped by a wire segment - in your case you are specifically looking for the bulk terminals.

Hopefully the solution code will provide a good starting point?

Best regards,

Lawrence.

• Post Points: 35
  • Mon, Apr 28 2014 8:05 PM

• Vaasu
    • Not Ranked
    • Hubli, Karnataka
    • Posts 6
    • Points 105

Thanks Andrew for giving feedback......

Whatever you understood the question is right. I choose that method only but I'm deteted the net

cid= geGetEditCellView()

tid = setof(x cv~>terminals x~>name == "VDD")

foreach( net_id tid~>net

foreach( fig net_id~>figs

dbDeleteObject(fig)

)
    )

Is there any other best way to do this??

Again while reconnecting and generating label to only  bulk became problem for me. While reconnecting i got bBox of mos by  css()~>instTerms~>net~>figs~>bBox but next how to connect those is problem can anyone help me

For bulk only I want to create label for that I'm using schCreateWire how to use this command please help me

• Tue, May 13 2014 9:32 PM

• Vaasu
    • Not Ranked
    • Hubli, Karnataka
    • Posts 6
    • Points 105

Thank you Lawrence for replying..

But I'm not able access that link can please help me to acces that link...

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, May 14 2014 10:37 AM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,567
    • Points 15,575

Hi,

I'm attaching the code here. Basically the solution asks if it is possible to prevent users from explicitly wiring up inherited connection pins, and the answer seems to be 'no' but a schematic check procedure (e.g. part of the Check and Save step) might help by identifying and flagging such cases. The code is intended to find wires overlapping pins with inherited connection expressions associated with them - you will need to alter the code to meet your needs, but hopefully this would provide a good start?

Best regards,

Lawrence.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Vaasu at 10 Apr 2014 08:55 PM. Topic has 7 replies.