Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Ultrasim: individual accuracy setting on subcircuit level ?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Ultrasim: individual accuracy setting on subcircuit level ? 

Last post Mon, Mar 3 2014 3:55 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by baenischfau 27 Feb 2014 10:40 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 930 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Feb 27 2014 10:40 AM

Ultrasim: individual accuracy setting on subcircuit level ? Reply

Hi all,

I'm currently simulating a big mixed signal block, consisting of two big blocks. The instance block I0 is

pure digital logic, instance I1 is mainly analog but also includes some digital parts. I'm using Ultrasim

for verification but due to the analog parts I'm forced to use a quite strict accuracy setting to get the

results about right. However this setting is killing the digital part ...

I know that some other simulators offer the possibility to define accuracy levels for each instance in

a design, e.g. set I0 to Digital Fast and I1 to Analog. Is something like this possible with Ultrasim ?

Best Regards

Andi

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Feb 28 2014 10:31 AM

Re: Ultrasim: individual accuracy setting on subcircuit level ? Reply

Andi,

This can be done in the hierarchy editor. Create a config view (File->New->CellView and pick your lib cell view and set the Type to be "config". Then when this opens, hit Use Template and pick "spectre". Make sure that the top cellView is pointing to your schematic and OK that form.

You'll then get a Table view showing Cell Bindings and a Tree View showing instance bindings - this is how you control which views are used for each cell or instance with greater control than just a view list and stop list which is applied everywhere.

For Ultrasim usage, use View->Properties. You'll see some additional columns appear in the table and tree view, including sim_mode and speed. You can click on these for a particular cell, or a particular instance. sim_mode is a cyclic with the various sim_mod choices (e.g.  s, a, ms, da, df, dx) - and you can also set the speed.

Save your setup, and then you can hit the Open button in the hierarchy editor to open the configured schematic, From here, launch ADE (you'll see ADE shows the config as being the view being simulated) and then if Ultrasim is the simulator, it will take this information and add it to the netlist so that Ultrasim knows the per-cell or per-instance mode and speed settings.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Andrew.

• Mon, Mar 3 2014 12:30 AM

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much. Found it and trying it right now. 

However I'm puzzled by one simulator output. Even though I set one instance to df and one to s

the device model statistics reports only devices set to spice. Shouldn't there also be devices listed

that are set to df ? I'm using MMSIM 12.11.115 

Best Regards

Andi

• Mon, Mar 3 2014 3:55 AM

Andi,

I suggest you contact customer support - I don't have time to check this out myself right now.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by baenischfau at 27 Feb 2014 10:40 AM. Topic has 3 replies.