Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Search and Replace in schematic

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Search and Replace in schematic 

Last post Wed, Feb 26 2014 10:03 AM by Andrew Beckett. 5 replies.
Started by Sridhar123 26 Feb 2014 09:43 AM. Topic has 5 replies and 965 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Feb 26 2014 9:43 AM

• Sridhar123
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 14 2011
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135
    Search and Replace in schematic Reply

Hi all,

Does any one have a skill script to replace the instances in a cellview from one Libray to a different LIbrary with a different cellname.This has to be run for the complete Library . I couldn't use the inbuilt schematic search and replace as the Library name is changed and even the cellview name.

FOr ex In Library "TEST"  There are four cellviews with names "sch1" "sch2" "sch3" and "sch4" now in this four cellviews there are  instances with name "INV1" pointing from "CORELIB" Library , but now I want to search the complete Library "TEST" to change the instances with the name "INV1" to "INV1_DCV" from the Library "CORELIB_DCV" which has to be applied to all the cellviews here in this case "sch1" "sch2" "sch3" and "sch4".

Thank you very much for your support,

Best regards,

Sridhar.

• Post Points: 35
  • Wed, Feb 26 2014 9:52 AM

Re: Search and Replace in schematic Reply

Hi Sridhar,

If you use Find or Replace you can search (and replace) for "master" rather than cellName. If you do that, the value needs to be the libName, cellName, and viewName (space separated) - so for example "mylib mycell myview".

Or you might find this post useful. It points to some SKILL code that I wrote to do this.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
  • Wed, Feb 26 2014 9:56 AM

• Sridhar123
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 14 2011
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135
    Search and Replace in schematic Reply

Hi all,

Does any one have a skill script to replace the instances in a cellview from one Libray to a different LIbrary with a different cellname.This has to be run for the complete Library . I couldn't use the inbuilt schematic search and replace as the Library name is changed and even the cellview name.
    FOr ex In Library "TEST"  There are four cellviews with names "sch1" "sch2" "sch3" and "sch4" now in this four cellviews there are  instances with name "INV1" pointing from "CORELIB" Library , but now I want to search the complete Library "TEST" to change the instances with the name "INV1" to "INV1_DCV" from the Library "CORELIB_DCV" which has to be applied to all the cellviews here in this case "sch1" "sch2" "sch3" and "sch4".

Thank you very much for your support,

Best regards,
    Sridhar.

• Wed, Feb 26 2014 9:59 AM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,576
    • Points 15,725

Hi Sridhar,

Have you tried looking at Solution Article 11330954?

Also Solution Article 11406650 contains the same code and shows an example of just what you are asking for.  Be aware that if you change one cell to another that the CDF callbacks will not be triggered (as they would if you were placing these components using the GUI), so the new cell instances might not be self-consistent.  There is another solution for this, if needed.

Please let us know if you need more help after trying these.

Regards,

Lawrence.

• Wed, Feb 26 2014 10:01 AM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,576
    • Points 15,725

Sridhar,

I just saw Andrew's post after making my own - his code solution should take care of the instance CDF callbacks (I think, it appears so from a quick glance).

Take your pick.

Regards,

Lawrence.

• Wed, Feb 26 2014 10:03 AM

The Forum Guidelines ask you not to double post. I will merge this with your other identical question.

Andrew.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Sridhar123 at 26 Feb 2014 09:43 AM. Topic has 5 replies.