Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > How to change the center drill point (black dots)as some other symbol in allegro??

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to change the center drill point (black dots)as some other symbol in allegro?? 

Last post Mon, Feb 24 2014 11:12 PM by Robert Finley. 3 replies.
Started by kabalee 20 Feb 2014 09:05 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 1301 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Feb 20 2014 9:05 PM

• kabalee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 7 2009
    • Trichy, Tamil Nadu
    • Posts 139
    • Points 2,495
    How to change the center drill point (black dots)as some other symbol in allegro?? Reply

Hi everyone,

Recently i did one small single layer board.i got some manufacuturing request to make the drill point as star or some other symbol.(while importing drill file black dots appearing.for manufacturer not able to find the center of block dots.some annual ring misalignment will happen)

Note:(i imported in CAM350 i could not find any option.is it possible to change like that ) 

kabee
    • Post Points: 35
  • Thu, Feb 20 2014 10:48 PM

• samcherms
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 27 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Re: How to change the center drill point (black dots)as some other symbol in allegro?? Reply
    Go to Manufacture-->NC-->NC Parameters

Set the format as  2.5 in Excellon format section.

Then export drill file and see the difference.
    Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Feb 24 2014 8:36 PM

• kabalee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 7 2009
    • Trichy, Tamil Nadu
    • Posts 139
    • Points 2,495
    Re: How to change the center drill point (black dots)as some other symbol in allegro?? Reply

Hi,

thanks for your reply.but block dots is not changed.(Manufacturer need center point for block dot for making Drill center ) is this format will support the above requirement ?

kabee
    • Post Points: 5
  • Mon, Feb 24 2014 11:12 PM

You're looking at the drill-size check plot of your drill data.  You're getting that, so it looks like you're generating the drill information correctly.

You need to add an artwork film that draws the manufacturing drill legend and drill symbol layers, plus the board outline.  It's traditional to add overall board dimensions to the outline on this "film" layer.

I hope I remembered the names correctly.  In NCDrill configuration, drill symbols are set to letters, shapes, or +-marks, a letter, to the padstack. The drill legend is dynamically regenerated.  You just have to place it outside the board outline so we can read it.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by kabalee at 20 Feb 2014 09:05 PM. Topic has 3 replies.