Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Adding User Defined Functions to Wavescan Calculator

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Adding User Defined Functions to Wavescan Calculator 

Last post Wed, Oct 3 2007 10:12 AM by archive. 2 replies.
Started by archive 03 Oct 2007 10:12 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 2073 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Oct 3 2007 10:12 AM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 4 2008
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    Adding User Defined Functions to Wavescan Calculator Reply

Hi,
    I'm looking to add some user-defined functions to the Wavescan Calculator. I noticed there's a filter pull-down menu on the bottom-right corner of the calc that allows this. I'd like to add some stability factors (besides the built-in K and B1 factors). Has anyone added their own functions?  Can you give me some tips on how to get started? I'm assuming I'll have to write this in SKILL.

The arguments for my equations are s-parameters, so I don't think I'd need to ask the user for any inputs. The user would just have to run an SP analysis and the stability factor would be plotted using that information.

Thanks in advance,
    Scott

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by ssing
    • Post Points: 0
  • Wed, Oct 3 2007 3:37 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Adding User Defined Functions to Wavescan Calculator Reply

Hi Scott,
    Did you go over the section in the Wavescan user guide called "Defining New Functions Using SKILL in ADE"? There is a SKILL example that goes over callbacks and forms.

Regards,

Samir Jafferali

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by AMSamirj
  • Wed, Oct 3 2007 5:07 PM

• archive
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 88
    • Points 4,930
    RE: Adding User Defined Functions to Wavescan Calculator Reply

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did go over that Section and copied in the example. I was just hoping someone might have some suggestions or lessons learned based on experience.

Another question/comment....I noticed that the old AWD calc uses a stack (with x-y exchange, rotate up/down buttons) to build expressions. From what I can see, the new Wavescan calc uses "memories". Are both styles of calculators going to be supported or is AWD eventually going to go away? To create expressions for calCalcInput (), I set my log filter to show menu command outputs. This shows me the syntax as I press various buttons in AWD calc, but not for the Wavescan calc.

Thanks,
    Scott

Originally posted in cdnusers.org by ssing
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by archive at 03 Oct 2007 10:12 AM. Topic has 2 replies.