Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Setting multiple snap spacings

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Setting multiple snap spacings 

Last post Thu, Dec 12 2013 7:16 AM by dmay. 2 replies.
Started by Arun14787 11 Dec 2013 12:42 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 335 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Dec 11 2013 12:42 AM

• Arun14787
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 3 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 55
    Setting multiple snap spacings Reply

Hi,

My requirement is to set snap spacings according to the layer been selected in LSW. To achieve this, i have following questions:

1) How to check which layer is selected currently?

2) If i have the script which is able to identify the layer selected and accordingly change my snap spacings, then how can i schedule that script so that as soon as i change my layer selection in my LSW snap spacings should change automatically. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

Arunkumar A 

• Post Points: 35
  • Thu, Dec 12 2013 2:40 AM

Re: Setting multiple snap spacings Reply

Hi Arun,

The first question is leGetEntryLayer. For the second question, I'm not sure there's any public trigger for doing this. One option would be to use leRegUserObjectSelectionFilter (which is public) which gets called as soon as you move over an object prior to selection. You'd need to make it return t, but you could retrieve the entry layer and set the snap spacing there. For example - this just displays the entry layer whenever you move over an object. Note that you must keep such a function fast to avoid affecting interactivity.

procedure(CCFcurrentLayer(figId)
      printf("ENTRY: %L\n" leGetEntryLayer())
      t
    )
    leRegUserObjectSelectionFilter("CCFcurrentLayer")

Otherwise, perhaps you could contact customer support to request a trigger on entry layer change? There's already one on layer selection (leRegUserLayerSelectionFilter), but that's only when selectabilty of a layer is changed.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
  • Thu, Dec 12 2013 7:16 AM

• dmay
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Allen, TX
    • Posts 394
    • Points 7,420
    Re: Setting multiple snap spacings Reply

If you are simply setting snap spacings for routing layers and you are using wires in 6.1, you should look into either creating routing tracks, or setting up routing grids in the techfile.

To create routing tracks, use Create->P&R Objects->Track Patterns

To setup routing grids, you can define them in the constraintGroups section of the techfile under the sub-section routingGrids.

Once you setup either of these, then on your Editor Options form in layout, you can choose to snap to manufacturing grid (default), track patterns, or routing grids.

Options->Editor, then look in the bottom left to set Snapping for Wires.

Derek

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Arun14787 at 11 Dec 2013 12:42 AM. Topic has 2 replies.